1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition 1.16a

6 Excessively Destructive mechsuits - Cheerful Giraffe

1. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao updated XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition with a new update entry:

Rho & Pirate Rho mechs! and lots more!

Read the rest of this update entry...

SivCorp and Ainzoal like this.
  2. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

if you have a reddit account, i am trying to contact reddit user prokhorvlg
    a year ago he came up with a concept mech, i would love to add it in
    [​IMG]

Relten likes this.
  3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I messaged him for you.

LoPhatKao likes this.
  4. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Holy shit that looks BADASS

5. Tyler Tenebrae

Tyler Tenebrae Pangalactic Porcupine

Dashing doesn't add momentum, sadly.

6. GeekMan

GeekMan Void-Bound Voyager

u should update this to say there all converted, otherwhise some ppl might get confused >.<. ( just a suggestion >_>. )

7. GeekMan

BADASS is an understatement >o<

8. PhoenixBird0

PhoenixBird0 Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded the mod and installed it, all the mechs act like they were soaked in a pool of high ping and given to me (kinda like slow motion staggering) but why is this?

9. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

kind of a good description :)
    not exactly sure, i never ran a code profiler on them, or optimized code much
    it does update every frame, and theres a lot of code
    i'd like to turn down the update rate, but hadn't tried it yet (see not optimized above)

10. GeekMan

i don't get lag >.< maybe ur playing on a potato???

11. cravengamer6

cravengamer6 Void-Bound Voyager

everything is awesome except for some reason rho mechs wont spawn. . . they just show up as some hoverbike model from the spawner and wont work

12. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Are you using the latest update? They should all be implemented now, though Rho and Pirate Rho was last.

13. cravengamer6

cravengamer6 Void-Bound Voyager

i didnt realized i had the latest thank you for the reply im having fun melting enemies now

14. PhoenixBird0

PhoenixBird0 Void-Bound Voyager

LOL, thats a pretty good joke, since i run a quad core MSI with 16 gigs and a 965M, but still, I loved this mod and wish to continue using it, but this stuttering just doesnt make it the same.

EDIT: Well, the official name for my laptop is the GE72 2QE Apache

EDIT #2: After hopping back into game and walking around, i noticed that anything except my character that was animated was also moving at a stuttering speed, time to go hunting for clues

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  15. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

All you need to do now is balancing. The guns are way to overpowered, you are invincible in the mechs, your gonna need to add damage and destroyed states for the mechs. The pricing is a bit low, you will likely need to find a way to place the mechs based on game progression so you dont have theta early game. Also I feel mechs should give the user liquid immunity so you can go in poison oceans and such without issues. Other than that great work!

16. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Well ... as I found out today after about 7 or so hours, apparently I suck pretty badly at pixel art. That said I do have a concept for a smaller mech after a bit of cropping some pieces out of the picture.
    core structurecropped.jpg
    I'll keep at it but it'll likely be a while before I have anything up to a decent standard.

If anyone knows how many pixels it is to a 1x1 block in terms of visual real estate that would also be really helpful, my guesswork says 12x12 but I'd hate to find out I'm wrong near the end rather than at the start. :/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  17. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

thats pretty sexy
    as for pixel to block ratio - it is 8 pixels to a tile (or 0.125 tiles per pixel... however you prefer)
    theta mech is (max) 12 tiles tall, or 96 pixels (the collision hitbox anyway)

18. GeekMan

Go look for that potato >.<

19. Killerdog4567

Killerdog4567 Aquatic Astronaut

Can you use this mod in multiplayer ?

20. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

I suspect only if the server has the mod installed too