1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition 1.16a

6 Excessively Destructive mechsuits - Cheerful Giraffe

1. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks really cool, can't wait to try it out.
    One suggestion, if you can't get the game to recognize the -shift- keys, maybe you could instead engage dash mode by tapping -up- while moving in a direction, and have it disengage when you let go of the direction key. Not a great solution, but would be functional at least.

2. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao updated XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition with a new update entry:

Ronin Rho mech added, yay!

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. RedPenguin

RedPenguin Void-Bound Voyager

is this version of the mod, glad giraff

4. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

Controlling the theta mech be like.

Swug.gif

5. Banefiend

Banefiend Space Hobo

I downloaded the later version of mechs and now my character wont load without the old mod pack. Can I ask some help?:D

6. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Well, only one weirdness I found, and that's the Elite Sigma's bullets can accidentally destroy tiles if they fire concentrated dakka with the main guns enough. I accidentally broke up some of my Avali colony giving them a test run.

Otherwise, it appears everything's working just as they did before.

7. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

I do have to wonder why the beam is glitching out graphically. It's like the segment graphics were somehow rotated so the edges jut out

8. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

been beating my head against this for a while
    the vector norm is correct otherwise beam would point in a different direction
    even backtraced all the math and still nada...
    only seems to be right when angle is a multiple of 15 degrees... which makes no sense to me xD

fixed! yay
    huh, ill fix sigma guns so they can harvest blocks also, like theta & ronin beams

you will probably need to edit your char with starcheat to de-equip & unlearn the old techs

fixed theta & ronin beams so they can harvest blocks instead of destroying them
    fixed sigma jump heights - originals jumped 14 blocks high, mine only did 6 blocks high .. entirely my bad, oops
    Rho mech partially converted, probably be out within 24hours of this post
    Pirate Rho won't be far behind, as it'll just be animation fixes

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  9. Banefiend

Banefiend Space Hobo

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  10. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

try adding this to the mod, unzip it right into the mod folder, so the folder structure is
    mods/mod_xsmech/quests/
    hopefully this should fix it

Attached Files:

11. Banefiend

Banefiend Space Hobo

HURRAY IT WORKS <3 :D I love you :p

12. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

cool :) will add this fix in to main mod then, allowing other old characters to use mod without an access violation error D:

13. NaturesWitness

Finally had a chance to test this out, its pretty fun! I did notice a few oddities though.

For starters, this still uses the old vehicle system for damage, ie the character takes the hits instead of the vehicle. Are there any plans to make it like the newer stuff, where the vehicle itself takes damage and starts looking beat up, then you take it to the outpost to repair it with auto chips? I'm guessing this would require a lot of new code however, not sure how drastically you planned to change things.

I also noticed the destroying blocks thing and the Sigma tiny bunny hop, but it sounds like you have that in hand already :)

Finally, the Ronin Rho seems to routinely blow itself up with the secondary weapon, in particular the little fires it drops. Just nudge one of them and ding, full health to zero instantly. I was wearing full ferozium armor if it makes a difference.

Can't wait to see the other mechs, and I'll post any other bugs I find.

14. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

yea, damage values seem to be somewhere near 100x too much.. still set for koala values
    havent added vehicle damage yet as i want to get all 6 converted and working before i go crazy on the changes

at least right now if you die while inside mech, it should still be sitting where you died ;)

15. NaturesWitness

Yeah, at least you can just walk back and jump in. Maybe these were built by the same factory that built the mechs for the Matrix movies ;)
    Good to hear vehicle damage is planned eventually. I'm amazed at how fast you're able to get this done, you can port over an entire mech in the time it's taken me just to wire up the airlock and elevator on my ocean planet base! Well done.

16. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao updated XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition with a new update entry:

just fixes, no rho yet, sorry :(

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Congratulation on figuring out the beam! Now the mod is truly that much better!

18. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

oh man, just wait :)
    ive got the rho & pirate rho done
    have sigmas running with holding up like rho types
    have mech damage + effects done (blatantly stole it from my dozer code xD)
    just rebalancing weapon power levels then having weapons, health & armor adjust to fit planet threat level - ie weak~ish weapons on a harmless planet, stronger on a dangerous planet

NaturesWitness and Ainzoal like this.
  19. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

You sir are a legend

20. NaturesWitness

Awesome! I had no idea you'd be able to get mech damage done so fast.