1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated XS Corporation Mechs 1.05

Adds more mech tech!

1. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just a suggestion, but could you include some of these type of mechs eventually?

Armored Core 4

They've always been a favorite of mine, and blend in quite well to the type of mech we see in Starbound and those you've already made. They do look a little more advanced however, but not by too far.

douglasdamm likes this.
  2. NANOKARMA

NANOKARMA Phantasmal Quasar

The recipes doesnt appear on mine, i have installed creative mode, the novakids mod and nothing more, weird.

Edit: nvm, i decided to restart from over all the universe and characters, i had some cheated items, so i dont care too much (i did because i didnt liked to loose everything due to the wipe)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

ditto

4. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Holy shit, that looks amaaaazing. I'd be a bigger fan of a sword built in to the arm though, personally.

Also, what do you use to make GIFs?

5. gmod

gmod Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a problem I got the materials and opened up the crafting table and the techs just show as perfect generic items

6. TShinzon

TShinzon Subatomic Cosmonaut

You're right, actually the original concept art I drew for this mech has a built in sword arm. This gif is just of a WIP, I put in that weapon as a quick test at 3 AM to see how it might feel. The final version will probably be different than what you see, all of the mechs went through an evolving development process (i.e. the Theta was originally envisioned as a much more mobile mech). I am using FRAPS to record gameplay and VirtualDub (which is free) with a motion filter to crop and produce the GIF's.

Do you have any other mods installed? Did you set your folder structure to mods/xs_mech and NOT mods/XSMech_Pack_v_1_01/xs_mech? Did you upgrade from a previous version?

7. gmod

gmod Subatomic Cosmonaut

nvm I fixed it

TShinzon likes this.
  8. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Thanks! :)

9. WingofTech

WingofTech Big Damn Hero

I think that looks cool... maybe the plasma field thing can slash and release a sort of wave that damages and throws back? :3

10. michaeljay

michaeljay Orbital Explorer

I am having a problem with this mod. i downloaded it and put it in my usual mods file , but none of the mech tech chips show up in the robotic crafting table, could another mod be interfering ?

11. TShinzon

TShinzon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Did you make sure to extract only the xs_mech folder into your Starbound/mods folder, and not the entire archive? The file structure should be Starbound/mods/xs_mech NOT Starbound/mods/XSMech_Pack_v_1_01/xs_mech

12. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww, just two?

13. Tenshyn

Tenshyn Seal Broken

hi, thanks for the awesome work , i will put this mod on my server but some player think the recipe are too easy , can you mp a version of recipe harder ? like 1 thousand bar impervium , 150k money , 30 materia block etc feel free to be diabolic !

14. Xren

Xren Pangalactic Porcupine

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't work on multiplayer yet because of some unknown problems in the server code....that's what i have understand base on the previous discussions but better ask the modmaker to be sure

15. Tenshyn

Tenshyn Seal Broken

my server is a 10 player, i host it with hamachi that's maybe why it work ! (sry for my english)

16. Mrmii21

Mrmii21 Pangalactic Porcupine

Amazing mod. Awesome. But I have a few suggestions for new mechs:

Different colors of current/future mechs, maybe for Team DM purposes
    A fast mech, used to get around, something like this
    A spider mech

I fully support this mod. Great work!

17. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

I installed it but it didnt appear in my game and follow the readme and it didnt make any sense whatsoever and can you help me with this? could you tell me the install instructions?

18. Mrmii21

You're going to need to give more info than this. Tell me EXACTLY how you installed it.

EDIT:
    I just read your message a bit more closely, and it seems like you might have installed it wrong.
    Just move the folder in the .zip named "mod_xsmech" into your starbound mods directory. That should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods
    Also, where do you try to craft it? It should be made at the Robotic Crafting Table:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  19. WingofTech

WingofTech Big Damn Hero

It's three Mechs, one just doesn't have a gif.

20. Mrmii21

No problem!
    Also, Shinzon, I have a few gifs for ya, if you want to use them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]