1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated XS Corporation Mechs 1.05

Adds more mech tech!

1. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

You have some excellent skills in both modding and pixel art. Really interesting weapons on the mechs too. Wish I could mod like that :)

2. TShinzon

TShinzon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Couple bugs I'd like people to keep an eye out for:
    1. Everything in the mod works EXCEPT the primary fire on the Theta mech (the big red one). If you have this bug, please post here and we will go from there!
    2. Sometimes when transforming into mech form, sound will blast extremely loud and in some cases lag the computer for a few seconds to as long as a minute. This bug is probably in the base game as well since it happens with the Glitch and Human mechs that I've tested so far (haven't tested Apex). If anyone has any information on this bug, please post as well!

Thanks everyone!

3. ProkhorVLG

Yeah, the railgun/laser thing on the Theta doesn't work for me.

4. naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

Awesome finally got it to download looks great :D

5. SubliminalKitteh

SubliminalKitteh Space Spelunker

Hmmm, I seem to have no trouble with the THETA gun, but that noise actual affects every vehicle mod. Minidozer/Bulldozer does it too, as do the jeep, mechs, and hoverbikes, so thats not from your mod.

naithaan likes this.
  6. Cashan

Cashan Aquatic Astronaut

It could be cool, if you change the way you obtain those Mechs.
    You could craft them like the Robots, you build all parts separate and put them together. And maybe add an own "Mech Crafting Station" `?

Beside that, it's one of the best mod here! :D

7. TShinzon

Assuming you have at least 110 energy when attempting to fire, is there any lag at all? What armor/gear are you wearing? What other mods (if any) are you running?

Finally, if you are willing, would you start up Starbound with one of your characters, activate the Theta mech tech, run around for a little bit trying to shoot the rail gun, and then exit the game and upload your starbound.log file onto here? The .log file should be inside your Starbound base directory.

Thanks!

8. Seijinz

Seijinz Void-Bound Voyager

I liked the normal mech ALOT, and I just went to have coffee after waking up. I clicked on alerts, and saw the update, as soon as I saw that Theta mech, I jizzed.

I am not ashamed, of sayinng that, at all. I jizzed, I never jizzed this good. Thanks for that.

naithaan likes this.
  9. naithaan

I think we all did xD

10. jura7

jura7 Aquatic Astronaut

New Theta mech is something unbelievable!
    Maybe chucklefish should add it as default?

naithaan likes this.
  11. naithaan

I think that if he keeps coming up with more mechs they should add him to the dev team :D

jura7 likes this.
  12. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm, maybe add a Circuit Board to the recipes? I'm only thinking this because it makes technological sense, although it would restrict your first mech to being a bit more expensive, what with the costs involved to get the wiring table set up in the first place.

not bad at all, though, I really enjoy it. I hope you continue to add more mechs, this whole thing seems like a great string of ideas altogether.

naithaan likes this.
  13. naithaan

if you do something like that then you should exna on the mech requirement just sayin

14. Xentonic

Xentonic Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

naithaan likes this.
  15. naithaan

You sir get a like :D

16. ProkhorVLG

It probably has to do with my using creative mod and my own modding. The creative mod armor gives an infinite amount of energy.
    In fact, the game crashes now due to my mod so... yeah.

17. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I loaded up creative mod and used it, the infinite energy doesn't seem to be the problem if that helps~

18. ProkhorVLG

The problem was my own experimental mod, I removed it and all was fine and working.

19. TShinzon

The next update will have all its files renamed with the "xsm_" prefix to hopefully remove mod conflicts. This will definitely require a clean reinstall (remove techs from all your characters 4 tech slots, then delete the mod_xsmech folder, then install new version), and you will have to re-craft the techs to acquire them, but it will be worth it to improve compatibility.

20. naithaan

So does that mean if any character i have has a mech in the tech slot then i will get my characteter deleted?