1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated XS Corporation Mechs 1.05

Adds more mech tech!

1. Takeshi01

Takeshi01 Intergalactic Tourist

nope, thats the only mod i have

2. SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

So... can you work on getting this implemented officially into the game? o.o

3. The Scattman

The Scattman Void-Bound Voyager

Use 7zip to enter the file and move it to mods and extract the pack

4. Aramai

Aramai Void-Bound Voyager

Really enjoy this mod. I was wondering if it would be possible to edit thermal cannon to fire continuously rather than in bursts. This would make it a formidable mining mech. Thanks so much!

5. TShinzon

TShinzon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey Aramai, unfortunately it would take a little more in-depth coding to get the beam working as you've described. However, you should be able to edit some of the other parameters easily enough with the unpacked version of the mod by going into mod_xsmech/tech/mech and then any of the mech folders and opening the [name_of_mech].tech file in a text editor. You can change things like energy usage, damage, boosting, other parameters. Editing in a continuous, hold-left-click-to-fire beam would be more difficult, it'll take a bit of mucking around in the *.lua file to get one that works nicely.

Glad to see there's still fans of the mechs out there. It's my understanding that some of the recipes may soon be out of date due to new materials? If and when this alleged update occurs, I may be able to release a small update for the recipes to stay compatible, but I haven't a clue about the new balance changes or what would be appropriate, so I would need some guidance on recipe costs. Alternatively, a good samaritan could do that work for me and I could release it as an update (perhaps too much to hope for??).

GilNen, Aramai and PositivAndroid like this.
  6. Aramai

Yeah, I've been looking heavily into your mod, even created a copy of the ronin rho to mess around with. I've changed all the parameter names in the animation and tech file to lead to my own copies, so any edits don't affect the original ronin rho. I've also been messing around with the lua to see if I can equip the rifle shown in the arm files for the ronin rho, and I've also been trying to rig it up with the pirate mech's machine gun, but so far I've been unsuccessful. As far as the heatbeam goes, I have managed to extend the firing time by 50%, which is enough for me. It makes a wonderful tool for burrowing into planets at high speed. Seems like any time I try to do macro changes, such as changing weapons out, the game won't let me use techs and the fps drops significantly. I'll keep at it, though! I would like to know how the lua decides which weapon should be fired, however, seeing as you only put in parameters for "up, right, down, left, double click, left click, right click, and spacebar". So anything with three weapons doesn't make sense to me. Love the mod!

Edit: Also, if at all possible, would it be easier to replace the ronin rho's chest cannon with the mg rounds rather that using the arm? I haven't had any luck with that route, either.

Edit edit: About the recipes, I've got a lot of other mods installed, so I'm not sure if it's the vanilla game or one of them changing it, but all the recipes requiring impervium bars have been changed to impervium compound, as well as the other replaced materials, so it seems to work even though the recipe file shows otherwise.

7. deltajackal77

deltajackal77 Aquatic Astronaut

Hello TShinzon and Aramai, tbh im a HUGE newbie with some coding, but i can learn new coding ridiculously easily just by look at premade code, and i have a tiny bit of experience with lue (from the minecraft mod computer craft) and a lot of experience with a coding language very similar to lua (the E2 coding language from garrys mod addon called wiremod), anyway i would like to try and learn a bit more with lua, o you think either of you could help me a bit and maybe teach me how to get an unpacked version of the mod?

8. Phrozian

Phrozian Space Spelunker

Hi all!

First post on forum, and Tshinzon this is an amazing mod. I'm currently running a Mac (I know) with steam + Starbound. I managed to load up the mod and I can see the blueprints. I've made the blueprints, and also 'ate' them by adding them to my tech list.

However, I couldn't find the recipe to make the actual mech under the Robotic Crafting Table. I couldn't see it under Tabula Rasa either (except the for the blueprints).

I've tried downloading the unpacked version as well, and the same problem persists. Has anyone had this issue, particularly for Mac-based starbound?

9. Aramai

Personally, I use http://community.playstarbound.com/...sset-packaging-unpackaging-gui-frontend.1334/ to unpack and repack mods. I've taken a deep look at the lua's involved with this mod, but I've yet to figure out how the script returns values such as key presses and how it decides which weapons are currently in use or how to change those weapons.

10. PhoenixBird0

PhoenixBird0 Void-Bound Voyager

the Theta mech's railgun doesn't work for me, not in single player or multiplayer, but it works for my friends!

11. Captain Floof

Captain Floof Void-Bound Voyager

Hey TShinzon, i thought i would come to ask you a generous favor of putting up another link to download the mod? Another external? A mirror link? Dropbox?

Some people can't just afford microtransaction in Nexus Mods. Sorry. But seriously damn, you just made my pixel mecha world so much vibrant and nostalgic in this most prominent augmentation to a game with a mod author just as honorable.

Also, why don't you add up customizable parts for a change? Like there are specific upgrade paths a mech can evolve and devolve to? A garage depot for customizing each? Tremendous immersion potential comes hand in hand with this project, care to up the ante? Starbound goes boundless with your ever changing decisions. Hope you have a good day man and keep up the good work!

12. JasonPanic

JasonPanic Space Penguin Leader

why am i having to go to a site and creat a account using my credit card to download this mod -.-

13. You are CLEARLY doing something wrong:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/419/?[DOUBLEPOST=1416238209][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Do none of you know how to use the Nexus? it is FREE. There is no micro transactions involved.

14. JasonPanic

dude you made the mod file to large to download without a account check for yourself upload_2014-11-17_10-32-57.png upload_2014-11-17_10-32-57.png upload_2014-11-17_10-32-57.png upload_2014-11-17_10-32-57.png

15. As I said already, the account is FREE.

16. JasonPanic

oh nvm i see i did not notice where it said that i did not have to buy the packages oh and idk why the picture posted so many times in the last post my computers been buggy for a while

severedskullz likes this.
  17. betato

betato Void-Bound Voyager

Hey TShinzon. We used to have XS Mechs on our Modpack. And due to it not being updated in a very long time, it was left out due to well causing conflicts. If you would grant us again the permission to use the mod in ourmodpack, and well update it. Most likely bug fixes and version update.

That's all, Thanks and Godbless!

18. Dramspringfeald

Dramspringfeald Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having issues firing the Theta Main cannon. Any suggestions?

19. Jaguar779

Jaguar779 Void-Bound Voyager

No tech issues to speak of and i may cause someone to freak out but anyways. TOO EASY TOO TOO TOO EASY!!!!!!
    fun but super-powerful. I feel like way more resources should go into building these mechs, not just tiered ore . needs way more to really be awesome.

but then again i like my games harder and more drawn out. risk vs. reward and all that

20. leloork

leloork Intergalactic Tourist

PLEASE FIX THE MULTIPLAYER