1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated XS Corporation Mechs 1.05

Adds more mech tech!

1. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

Or just fixed lights. Either one could work, but the light that points where you are looking would probably be easier to do. Then again I wouldn't know. :x

2. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I think either one is just as easy....
    Well exept for a flashlight that follows the mouse, it's hard to code...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  3. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It'd be nice if this mod would actually work. The thing never shows up and since it's a pak file I cannot edit the mod myself to try to get it to work or double check the files.

4. Tsunder

Tsunder Phantasmal Quasar

Have you used the starbound diagnostics?
    what does the file structure look like?

Just move the .modpak file up into the /mods/ folder and delete \XSMech_Pack_v_1_05\

PositivAndroid likes this.
  5. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I saw a video on this and I loved the look of it. Continue to update!

6. Cipherstar

I see. I never read the readme. Readme's are useless 99% of the time, and you can't always read them anyway (such as if you download with nexus manager, at least I don't know how to) since modding is simply a drag and drop thing and I didn't know paks had to be in the mod folder itself and not a sub folder (To which only the readme was otherwise in the folder anyway).

Could this be completely negated by adding everything to the description/overview and not a loose readme .-. ? It seems unnecessaryX3

7. PositivAndroid

PositivAndroid Phantasmal Quasar

Huh. Can't believe it was that easy. thanks!

8. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

Or you could just read the readme file like you probably should in the first place, and like the installation instructions on this mod's front page says to do. It's generally a good idea to give readmes a look, you know? Having the instructions on your PC for quick access is much faster than booting up a browser, going to the mod's page, then scrolling down to the instructions. That's just me though. Don't take what I said personally or anything.

9. fluffymcpanda

fluffymcpanda Intergalactic Tourist

can you have this with a pre-made character or does it need to be new??? please awnser soon anyone

10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

No, you don't have to, only some mods require you to make a new player file, This one works with old player files

11. Cipherstar

I find it's much easier to click a bookmark in a browser that's usually open anyway (and only takes a second to open to begin with) than to dig for readme files you nearly never need. This was the first time I've ever had to use a readme for a mod, the descriptions have always been adaquate if there was something I needed to know. Descriptions are also formatted, the text document readmes are not. Making them bland.
    *shrugs*
    It's just a simple little thing, the only reason you'd need the readme here is to know to not put the pak in the folder the pak came in, in which the only other item was the readme. Seems a little silly is all.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  12. sonicthelegend

sonicthelegend Intergalactic Tourist

13. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

cant find the recipes or anything included in this mod please help[DOUBLEPOST=1410408160][/DOUBLEPOST]WHATS WITH ALL OF THE GOOD REVIEWS ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD THIS STUPID MOD ITS NOT IN THE ROBOTIC CRAFTING TABLE YOU MIGHT AS WELL DELETE THIS STUPID LITTLE MOD IDIOT

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  14. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Well that escalated quickly...

15. thunderskull833

i just really like this mod and i cant download i did it right it just didnt work i dont know why can you tell me how to download correctly i am sorry i used caps and meanness i have a big temper

16. PositivAndroid

ya know the little page that says mod_xsmech.modpak? you put that in instead of the whole folder.

17. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Plus try tabula rasa

18. thunderskull833

i tried tabula rasa but the recipes werent there[DOUBLEPOST=1410473716][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ah you see my dad did it and he doesnt follow the rules of the download process he just clicked extract files and thats it i knew he did something wrong

19. Takeshi01

Takeshi01 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi all, I would like to say that I love the mod, but I could not test it
    The problem is this: when I try to play with the mod installed (obviously follow the steps and just put the file instead of the entire zip folder) only stays for a few moments on the loading screen and then crashes, get a window that says something about assetsVariant and projectile/physics. My version of the game is V. Rampanging Koala, I would greatly appreciate the help
    PS: my English is a little bad

20. PositivAndroid

do you have other mods installed that could be causing this? Because that happened to me before and I would suggest removing all mods from your folder except the one in question.

Takeshi01 likes this.