RELEASED [XNB SMAPI FarmCombat Mod] OmniFarm

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lambui, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@nekoCrimson It will only affect the Wilderness farm until you uninstall the mod.

• nekoCrimson

nekoCrimson Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you! As long as it won't break my other farms I'm down to check it out :p

• Narfkopp

Narfkopp Phantasmal Quasar

Is there any way to disable iridium spawning in the mine part of this farm? Everything else is perfect. But this feels too cheaty. As you can easily amass mountains of it.

• K33p Sm1l1ng

K33p Sm1l1ng Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there,

I've got a little problem with the OmniFarm v.2.0.2. Somehow there is a additional miningcart added in the shown location in image2. I tried to delete the config file, but it didn't worked out...

BUT the summer full grass version from FieryChaos works fine...

See both images I've added.
          Does anybody know what's happening here and how I can fix it?

Farm_Combat.xnb:
          Farm_Combat.xnb.PNG

Ingame:
          Ingame_Map.PNG

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@K33p Sm1l1ng That looks like a minecart edit from Extended Minecart; check it's configs so it's using the custom farm destination. Mine for reference:
            Code:
            {
              "RefuelingEnabled": false,
              "AlternateDesertMinecart": false,
              "AlternateFarmMinecart": false,
              "FarmDestinationEnabled": true,
              "DesertDestinationEnabled": true,
              "WoodsDestinationEnabled": true,
              "BeachDestinationEnabled": true,
              "WizardDestinationEnabled": true,
              "UseCustomFarmDestination": true,
              "CustomFarmDestinationPoint": "77, 7"
            }

K33p Sm1l1ng likes this.
            • K33p Sm1l1ng

K33p Sm1l1ng Void-Bound Voyager

Ah thanks alot :)

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
              • Ellyssa

Ellyssa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I understand how to add (and move around) re-spawnable boulders, stumps and logs, as well as ore and minerals in the quarry, but I would really like some regular old rocks (like the ones from the mines) to spawn in the quarry as well to balance it out some. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this? Did I simply overlook something in the config?

• Tyo Atrosa

Tyo Atrosa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will this still work with the 1.3 beta?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Tyo Atrosa

will just general XNB mods still work though? like if i used this map but without the SMAPI plugin to add the extra features?

just curious.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Many XNB mods will cause problems. Here's a list of XNB files that changed; I suggest removing any mods that change those files. (I also suggest avoiding XNB mods entirely if possible, and use newer Content Patcher mods instead.)

• Tyo Atrosa

ok, thanks for that resource. that answered a lot of other questions proactively.

• Tyo Atrosa

I was just looking through the tiledata on the new CombatMap, and the only difference i see between the old one is the addition of a few tiles showing where to place the prebuilt huts for the other players, 3 for the nearby setting and 3 for the far setting. If i were to hazard a guess it probably wouldn't cause any harm to actually use replacement maps for the farms as long as you don't try to start a new game with prebuilt huts, so i'm gonna try that out and let you know if it works. if i'm right then it's just a matter of updating the SMAPI mod so i'll look at thaif i have luck. as far as editing in the spots for the huts, i think i'll leave that to someone a bit more competent than myself, though i don't think it should be too hard from the look of it. i just don't know how to use the map editor very well.

Edit: game loads and runs just fine with the map (i'm using Cragrims fork) , as suspected, it just will not spawn in the pregenned huts but otherwise still works. so now the mod part just has to be updated to work. I suspect other XNB mods that alter the farm will work the same way.

Edit2: :cry: I think i should probably give up on trying to understand how to update SMAPI mods... way over my head and now it hurts.

Edit3: I did at least figure out how to change the quarry area to be buildable and diggable so that i could build farmhouses up there. didn't care for the quarry or cheaty grass anyways, at least i can use it now without the SMAPI mod.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                          • Tyo Atrosa

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• caprithebunny

caprithebunny Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, so, I don't know exactly what I've done to mess this up but I've downloaded the beta version of this but after I extracted the files no xnb appeared in my folders. I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@caprithebunny The official download seems to be incomplete. Try this:
                              1. Install the latest version of SMAPI.
                              2. Download the attached mod.
                              3. Unzip it into your StardewValley/Mods folder.
                              That should be pretty much it!

Attached Files:

caprithebunny likes this.
                              • Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

This works great, thank you!

Bug notes: There's a patchy area. The outcropping right below Grandpa's Shrine is a little messed up. The top part of the fence pieces appear over the players head and there are three spots you can walk through under the grass and the decor is missing. The map made by @FieryChaos fixes this, though.

The ores in the small quarrying area seem to be a bit wonky. The emerald took 4 hits with a gold pickaxe, the jade, gold, and iridium took only 1 hit to break.

Nothing game breaking, though! Love this map. Works fine in multiplayer. Thank you very much to FieryChaos and Pathoschild!

• Locomotor79

Locomotor79 Void-Bound Voyager

hmm latest version missis the Farm_Combat.xnb file on
                                  https://github.com/lambui/StardewValleyMod_OmniFarm
                                  and smapi says there are no problems what so ever though when i load the game and bottom map choice i dont get the ramps and such becausse i the download doesnt have the Farm_combat.xnb in it