RELEASED [XNB SMAPI FarmCombat Mod] OmniFarm

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lambui, Nov 29, 2016.

1. PaqpuK

PaqpuK Void-Bound Voyager

Hey @Cragrim I installed the cave map, its really nice, but could you change the type of the location to "greenhouse"? I want to make an ancient fruit farm there. Changes to the omnicombat are also nice, always felt like that teleport to desert was cheaty, additional bridges are also really convenient.

• Cragrim

Cragrim Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think there is an easy property to set this. Read through this post and googled a bit and I believe it requires you to write a SMAPI mod in some way of which of I have no clue where to even begin. Sorry.

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, not really
        My hoarder cave is a greenhouse cave and although you can't plant out of season yet, produce keeps producing out of season and never dies. (No fruit trees though)
        Setting the location type to Greenhouse in ALL does the trick.
        Staying updated, famski

• Cragrim

Cragrim Void-Bound Voyager

EDIT: Sorry for going offtopic a bit

How do you set the location type to Greenhouse in ALL? Could you please elaborate?
          Is it a map property or tile property?

This is probably wrong:
          [​IMG]

• TenkoKuugen

Yeah, that is hyper wrong. Wrong on a cosmic level. Even more wrong than turning space dust into a giant spermwhale in orbit next to a falling pot of potted tulips.
            ALL is advanced location loader
            You can, in absolute theory, replace a standard location with an ALL location by using a small trick but I don't recommend it

For reference
            {
            "Outdoor": false,
            "Farmable": true,
            "Type": "Greenhouse",
            "MapName": "KuuFarmCave",
            "FileName": "KuuFarmCave"
            },

Is what it looks like in the manifest.json to set an A.L.L. location as a greenhouse

Now, if you really, really wanted to, you could clone a map
            Save the FarmCave as FarmCaveALL for example (name doesn't matter)
            Now you edit the FarmCave.tbin to have a warp to FarmCaveALL (to the tile where you would normally spawn in) on the very same tile that you spawn in. (and to make it look nicer, make the entire farmcave map just solid black)
            What now happens?
            You enter from the farm
            the regular farmcave.xnb is just solid black and trigger a warp on the exact same tile you enter, basically instantly teleporting you from inside the FarmCave map to the FarmCaveALL map. That is the closest thing to replacing a regular map plus adding greenhouse properties you can get.
            I really don't recommend that though.

• styr

styr Aquatic Astronaut

Wow, thanks! I'll try it out. Much appreciated :)

edit: I noticed two main issues, including said warp issue: the southern exit leads into a "gulf of oblivion" where the only thing visible aside from the murky darkness is... butterflies. Unfortunately in my picture I forgot to show the butterflies, but they do show up in the 'darkness'.

The other thing is on the far right area, below the quarry. On the far southern end you can see another field of grass/green stuff that is likewise in the "gulf of oblivion".

I've uploaded a couple of pics so you can see what I mean, though for the warp problem I'm sure you already know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
              • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Yeah, I was just starting up a new game to see if that would be a problem. I'm not sure how to edit the map to be "smaller" so that the black void isn't visible, and I wanted the grass to be constantly regrowing like in the original but it seems that it didn't move with the rest of the map. You can also walk off the dock on the pond on the bottom left of the map after countless edits... So it's something that happens even with new save files, anyone got any idea how to fix these issues?

Edit: I think I found where you change the warp, is the warp to the ranch the forest or the backwoods? Or am I in the wrong place completely?

• TenkoKuugen

I thought this was a save file issue but it's because you hack and slashed the map? Good god. Shaking my head here.
                  You have to actually adjust the grid size of each layer to shrink a map
                  And I forgot if the map itself made the grass grow via auto-tile or if the SMAPI part did that. Either way, that's also handled by coordinates so you need to adjust those coordinates.
                  Code:
                    "grassAreas": [
                      {
                        "Item1": "99, 73",
                        "Item2": "115, 84"
                      },
                      {
                        "Item1": "99, 96",
                        "Item2": "115, 108"
                      }
                    ],
                  These need to be adjusted.

And warps are labeled in map properties. Backwoods is the area over the farm, the ingame map even tells you so. The SMAPI part handles overriding the forest-to-farm map since you'd otherwise have to replace the forest map. You could also override it via A.L.L. if the SMAPI part didn't do that.
                  Code:
                    "WarpFromForest": "32, 117",
                    "WarpFromBackWood": "-1, -1",
                    "WarpFromBusStop": "-1, -1"
                  Don't mess with the backwood and busstop warps if you don't know what you're doing. Just change the warpfromforest to the proper tile.

Also: Go read the map editing thread. Don't upload maps if you don't understand the program.
                  And lastly, you probably didn't actually properly change the warp from farm-to-forest either. You need to do that in the map properties.

If you're this new to map editing, don't willy-nilly upload broken things. It takes maybe a day or two to properly understand how everything works.

• HopeWasHere

@TenkoKuugen thanks for your help, sorry my incompetence frustrates you. I'm just doing my best to learn and I appreciate community members helping me try new things, especially in a game I love. I hope that I can learn map editing through my continued trial and error.

I figured out most of the errors with the map, I didn't realize most of the edits needed to be in the SMAPI mod. So if you want to use this smaller map mod, you'll need to replace the config file with this one to warp from the ranch back to the farm, and to move the grass to the right place: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bepxkq9arp4w69a/config.json?dl=0

The warp from new farm exit should be fixed now, if I'm doing this right. You'll need to download this new map file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhmvrz4adsebxxg/Farm_Combat.xnb?dl=0

Still working on the black area, I shrunk the layers in the editor as suggested but that didn't seem to work. Hopefully I'll get it figured out soon, but in the mean time it shouldn't affect the usefulness of the map. :) If I can't figure it out I'll just add more to that end of the map so that the warp happens before you can see the black area.

Thanks again, let me know how I can improve.

Edit: Well, it's not pretty, but the black void is gone. Replaced the old map with edited one.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
                    • TenkoKuugen

I am not frustrated, I am just not a generally sugar coated person.

The map is 120x120 tiles, you probably didn't shrink the layers the right way. Layer, right click, properties, layer size
                      Pic related, I shrunk it to 120x70
                      You need to do this for every single layer. That untitled layer is strangely pointless (that would be why it's invisible) but you need to shrink it anyway. Probably a leftover from when OP made it.
                      [​IMG]

• HopeWasHere

Yeah, I did that, but because the camera follows the player to the warp point the edge of the map can still be seen. So by adding about 20 tiles past the warp point that are inaccessible it can't be seen anymore. If I could get the camera following the character to be false on the tiles without changing the property of all of that tile (for example, the dirt path tile) then the extra on the end of the map wouldn't be needed.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

You can just delete the untitled layer, that layer I added to do some experimenting but it is not needed.
                          About the warp points, you can edit them in the map property, they are not tile property.
                          Also a little tip: make sure to change the warp value in the config.json file of your OmniFarm SMAPI mod (should set all to -1, -1) or take the mod out completely for now while testing.
                          Maybe that is the cause.

• TenkoKuugen

If the camera follows you that far you messed up somewhere. Most likely you still didn't shrink all the layers correctly or forgot to set alignment properties the right way while shrinking. You obviously need to adjust the warp coordinates to the forest. The map doesn't have the camerafocus property that keeps it centered (if you added that, you should take it out)

Did you test the map on a new save game at least?

• HopeWasHere

Yeah, it all works on a new game

• TenkoKuugen

I am talking about the camera issue. If that only appears on older save games that had the old omni map, then you need to edit your save game to fix that.

• HopeWasHere

The map works in both new and old games, the camera issue is a problem in new games, but hasn't been tested in old games. But with the expansion to the warp point the camera problem doesn't effect the map.

• TenkoKuugen

You're still ignoring that you messed up somewhere and patching it with a band-aid instead of learning what you did wrong.

• HopeWasHere

I'm not ignoring it, but like you said, I shouldn't post map after map asking questions until I get it figured out. I'm going to try to fix the problem, but in the mean time I and the few that want to use the smaller map can because the problem has been temporarily patched until I have the chance to try the things you are explaining to me. Once I get it figured out I will probably edit the post with the fixed map, like I did with the small patch.

• Jubal Early

Jubal Early Void-Bound Voyager

First of all, thank you to lambui and cragrim for their excellent work. My sense of order and disorder loved the map except for that one boat on the dock. Would it be possible for River fish to be in the river and lake fish in the lake? I seem to be catching lake fish in both, which is a minor nuance, but if it were possible to make the change it would add more functionality to the map, without detracting from the...realism?...ambiance? Whether you guys are able to do this is a minor thing, I real just want to thank you for making the game more enjoyable!

• TenkoKuugen

The boat on the dock is actually a teleporter to the other boat.