RELEASED [XNB SMAPI FarmCombat Mod] OmniFarm

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lambui, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Marcelo7

Marcelo7 Big Damn Hero

omnifarm + forage at the farm mod = forage spawning on unreachable areas
    Captura de Tela (15).png Captura de Tela (17).png Captura de Tela (16).png
    Someone can fix it?
    (the red zone is a warp,so it's impossible to harvest anything here)

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

@Marcelo7 Forage at the Farm ignores NoSpawn property on tiles, so it is impossible to fix from the map side. Fixing it from the mod side... well, it is possible, but I would need to exclude certain areas in the code. Which would require a "special edition" of the mod for OmniFarm map.

If there are will be more people who ask to fix this, I'll try to do something: either special version or maybe a new setting to exclude areas.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Yes please do it will make this mod much more functional.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Wouldn't filling those tiles with invisible blocks in the building layer prevent this? The OP didn't fill that area with invisible building layer blocks, but did everywhere else that was unreachable. I've added invisible building layer blocks in my own custom edit of this map and haven't had things spawn there (with your mod installed).

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Anything on the building layer will make the tile non-spawnable. But, since I haven't dived to deeply into map editing, I'm not sure how adding a ton of invisible walls can (or can't) interfere with other things, so I didn't think of it as a possible solution. And even then there are areas like behind shipping bin or behind the house where invisible walls would get in the way.

• FieryChaos

Invisible tiles should fix the issue and not negatively affect anything else. Any tile can be made passable with the Passable T property so placing them just behind the shipping bin (or the house, but there is no need for that) is a non-issue.

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

I thought that filling large spaces in tIDE is troublesome and, since I wanted to make some changes to the mod anyway, made a new versions of Forage/Mining at the Farm mods that allow to include more that one and exclude areas from spawn.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, I'm really new to modding, but I did make a map edit that should allow for those forage items to not be a problem (I think, still not sure if I'm doing this right...). Originally I just wanted to edit the grass tiles to be diggable so that buildings could be placed on top of them and they could be farmed, but I went a little further and changed up the map a bit. As you can see from the screen shots, I took out the bridge (couldn't figure out a way to have the character walk under it when below and on top of it when above), made that area completely diggable and buildable (so now you can put sheds or whatever there), and added two bridges to make the map a little easier to traverse IMHO.
                  There are issues with the map, however. First, when I started a new game with this map, there were no spawns beyond the section with the farmhouse and greenhouse. So there was nothing stopping me from using the mining hill from the start. Not sure if I messed that up or what happened. Second, as you can see from the screen shots, you can walk on water in a few areas. This is my first try editing anything in the game, so after hours of trying I finally gave up. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help me out, because I'm at a loss. There are probable other errors, but that's all I could find.

(Also, sorry about not having a full screen shot of the map, couldn't figure out how to do that)

Anyway, the point is the forage items should now be able to be picked up in that area, and here is the map file if anyone wants those extra bridges.
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/l71b4hexps2c77f/Farm_Combat.xnb?dl=0

Attached Files:

• Marcelo7

Marcelo7 Big Damn Hero

thank you. :)

Attached Files:

• FieryChaos

Unsure why your paths layer spawns aren't working in a new save. If you don't want to walk on the water - 1. (harder/more work) add Passable F property to the water tiles, Passable T property to the bridge tiles, and Passable T to a different water tile you place underneath the bridge in the tilesheet OR 2. (easier) place invisible blocks on the sides of your bridges in the Building layer. Also, the bottom middle tile of the dock has the Passable T property property on it (in the tilesheet); either remove it or change it to F to prevent walking through it and into the water. A little issue you may run into as well (and I think maybe in the original) is that the outdoor spouse area will be messed up; rename the untitled tile sheet in tIDE to "spring" or something similar so that when the tilesheets are in alphanumeric order, the outdoors one is 2nd (right after Paths). You may also want to edit the .yaml file as well so the outdoors tilesheet is listed immediately after the paths one to reflect this.

I've also made my fair few edits to this map to fix some issues and personalize it a little bit more. If anyone wants it, let me know, but it only works on new saves (initial bush spawns in paths layer placed on the map only generate on creation without an additional custom SMAPI mod; I wanted them for the seasonal berry foraging on a new save). Also, my version edits the Farm Cave entrance to be an Action Warp instead of TouchAction Warp; doing this you'll have to edit the FarmCave map as well to fix the exit warp to the Farm so you don't spawn in the door when leaving the cave and get stuck in it, or use SMAPI/ALL customization to change it (I also use a custom FarmCave map that I've made some edits to as well).
                      Omnifarm Edit.png

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Hey guys,
                        Thank for using this mod :)

I am finishing up updating the mod.

With new version, you guys will be able to further tweak the mod in whatever way you like (ex: changing the stump spawn locations, changing the ore spawn areas).
                        That means you can use SMAPI component of this mod with any Farm .xnb :poke:

I also fix Farm_Combat.xnb addressing all the bug involving the map.

I will post again when new version is live.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Latest Version: 2.0
                          Change Log v.2.0:
                          • [XNB] Add invisible building tile to unreachable areas to prevent objects from spawning
                          • [XNB] Tweak some tiles to make the map looks better
                          • [XNB] Open area to the right of the house, on top of the way in from bus stop.
                          • [SMAPI] Add config.json: click here to learn how it works.

Feel free to re-design the map and tweak the config to your liking.

• NEBelle

NEBelle Void-Bound Voyager

I'm attaching my mod list here, could you look through it and tell if any of these mods conflict with items spawning on the map? I have the map but on the right hand side (Where the mining area is) nothing spawns, once I get rid of the initial crap, I ave no respawnable wood and no mining. I wouldn't mind only i can't build on that side either so its just sitting idle for me. I noticed that there is no config file in the folder for me for the omni farm.
                            [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope i uploaded all this right, lol

EDIT: annnd I updated my SMAPI and its working, great mod, please ignore!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
                            • PaqpuK

PaqpuK Void-Bound Voyager

Really cool map! Enjoying it a lot. My only complaint: the sound FX of footsteps don't change when you go over wooden bridges, it sounds like you step on ground. Could you fix that? Thank you anyway.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Fixed! Download the lastest version here. You can download the xnb alone.

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

@lambui Can I use your map as a base for creating dynamically changing farm? I have some ideas, like adding areas that need purchase/repair to the map or allowing player to walk under that wooden bridge in the center of the farm, but I doubt that I have enough patience to create a large map in tIDE by myself.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

sure go for it :)

Nishtra likes this.
                                    • Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Thanks))
                                      I'll upload it when I get at least some things working.

• PaqpuK

PaqpuK Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, thanks a lot lambui, you are awesome!

• FieryChaos

@lambui Just an issue with changing the grassAreas coordinates in the config. I've removed the old coordinates and put in my own (single set rectangle), and that part works fine, but apparently it's also still spawning in the old (removed/default) area as well. Also, been using @Nishtra Mining at the Farm since yours doesn't spawn geodes or mystic stones (kept a small section in for yours, though), and the mineAreas seems to work fine.