Race Xians

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by ZiiiiiZ, May 10, 2015.

?

What you think about this race idea..?

1. Good

76.5%
  2. Bad

17.6%
  3. horrible.

5.9%
  1. ZiiiiiZ

ZiiiiiZ Orbital Explorer

You have wonderful ideas...teach me master...*_*

2. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Read plenty, especially sci-fi and fantasy stuff. The name Solus reminded me of an alien species mentioned in Valerian and Laureline.
    That said, just keep on thinking about what cool stuff could be piled on this species. Yeah, just do it - once you think 'okay that's enough' then it's time to prune the ideas that doesn't fit or conflict with the others. Worldbuilding 101!

3. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In my experience, I find the best way to build a character (or in this case a race) is to think hard about their central conflict. A conflict is what makes someone or something interesting. You said that they were conquered, but how did that affect them? How does it still affect them? Did it make them fearful of other races, so much so that they aggressively attack groups who they think could harm them out of paranoid fear? Or perhaps did the conquest turn them into conquerors themselves? They could have retaliated against the attacking race and became aggressive warmongers.

Seriously, A bunch of us would be willing to help you write this story. Let us know if you want advice.

4. ZiiiiiZ

ZiiiiiZ Orbital Explorer

i need youuuuuuuuuuuuu....QWQ
    i'm only good at drawing...uwu

5. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

pfft. I'll tell you what. I'll start a private chat with you and help you develop this idea. I can see potential in it.