Mob Xenomorph - Alien with two mouths

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Demoguy, Jul 12, 2013.

?

What could be changed?

1. Health up

60.0%
  2. Health down

20.0%
  3. Damage up

20.0%
  4. Damage down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Range up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Range down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Demoguy

Demoguy Void-Bound Voyager

I was thinking about Starbound and how it was based in space and such, then I thought about Xenomorphs (From "Alien" movie) and how they're... well, aliens. Just imagine a Xenomorph trying to kill you.

Special Abilities
    If you've seen Aliens, Alien, Alien Vs. Predator etc. then you'll know that they can latch onto walls and stab with their tails. So what the Xenomorph would do is crawl to where you are, either on the ceiling or on the ground until they get to about 5 blocks/meters away from you then stab with their tail, dealing 25-50 damage.

Health

The Xenomorph health would be 250, and if they have an evolved form (Alpha Xenomorph) 500 health, double damage and double range of tail stab.

Melee

No need for a complicated melee, if you get too close their tongue/other mouth sticks out and bites you dealing 30-40 damage.

Drops

Xenomorph Scales-100% drop chance, 5-10
    Xenomorph Acid (throwable)-10% drop chance, 2-5

Thanks for reading, if you like my idea, like this post, if there's something you think I could change, reply telling me what or vote in the polls. :mwahaha:

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

Dude, you know that if they do that, the can get sued. The Xenomorph are copyrighted.

4. Demoguy

Demoguy Void-Bound Voyager

True, didn't think of that.

5. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

We all make mistakes...

6. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

Not trying to sound offensive, but...

can you people quit suggesting things from other games?

Even if they don't get sued for copyright infringement, it's still something from some other IP - We already got creepers and those weird things out of Braid. Chances are there's a bunch more camoes already, anyway. Is that not enough already?

UnoAlphaOne and Jonesy like this.
  7. BoltCrank

BoltCrank Zero Gravity Genie

Instead of trying to bring the actual Xenomorph into Starbound, why don't you come up something with that behaves akin to the creature but is different enough to not tread copyright grounds?

Jonesy likes this.
  8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Has anyone mentioned copyright infrignme...wait, nevermind.

UnoAlphaOne likes this.
  9. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

i suggest you take ideas and make it into your own creation, dont just flat out bring an idea from something else, and also think of a creative name and not some from another game