1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Xcom Legacy comic (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Art' started by thebritwriter, Feb 11, 2016.

1. thebritwriter

thebritwriter Void-Bound Voyager

This has been one of the big 'to do' goals of mine, and as this site has an art section why not? I will state first that I'm not a teacher in art, so I don't take requests/commissions tried once it didn't end very well. I can answer questions but I won't be very active save updates.

Speaking of that I'm doing about two pages a month but given the rules of the site are a bit different to others I posted this one not all pages might be on here.

Regardless if you want the high res pics and download them just click on the gallery and search through the folders.

http://thebritwriter.deviantart.com/gallery/

Chapter 1 (complete) https://www.deviantart.com/thebritwriter/gallery/59975757/chapter-1

Chapter 2 (complete) https://www.deviantart.com/thebritwriter/gallery/59975762/chapter-2

Chapter 3 (ongoing) https://www.deviantart.com/thebritwriter/gallery/66803932/chapter-3

---------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  2. Peaceful Floran

Peaceful Floran Phantasmal Quasar

Did that sectoid miss the day they all got turned tall? That must suck.

thebritwriter likes this.
  3. thebritwriter

Our totally cool and wickedly awesome retro one-liner hero to all 'Secto' is unfazed by his short statue for he's still a teen at Advent High in his guise but packs one hell of a punch as those trouble makers xcom are now discovering!

4. thebritwriter

And here's the third page
    [​IMG]

Firepaw Da Cat and rhomboid like this.
  5. thebritwriter

And here's the complete 4th page.
    [​IMG]

Firepaw Da Cat and rhomboid like this.
  6. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

why is no one stalking this thread except me seriously

i love it.

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  7. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Actually, I've been stalking this thread since it opened
    I just haven't really paid much attention to it[​IMG]

8. thebritwriter

I don't mind if people reply or just watch from the sidelines, i'm like that myself on some threads. But comments are always welcome.

One thing i'll add though the first frame of page 5 (with the speaker pointing out his plan of action) was based on a North korea propganda picture with kim jong doing a similir pose with generals by his side. The difference here is Advent troops have their faces masked and in the back with the speaker in front and the only one with a face, so not only are you seeing someone you can identify, your also seeing the assumptaion that advent troops answer directly to the speaker.

9. thebritwriter

The propgagnda machine continues
    [​IMG]

Grifs, rhomboid and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  10. thebritwriter

And here is the sixth page
    [​IMG]

rhomboid likes this.
  11. thebritwriter

Possibly NSFW but here is the 7th page.
    [​IMG]

rhomboid likes this.
  12. thebritwriter

Final page of the first chapter

[​IMG]

Peaceful Floran and rhomboid like this.
  13. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

posting so that the next update won't merge =3=

14. thebritwriter

Update 2019:

Yes it really has been that long, I stopped updating for a while for a few reasons, firstly is because photobucket decided to "hide" photos till an additional charge was paid also i got told there had been pop up ads as well.

Second all images have been converted to PNG which is better and i found a suitable image uploader (postimage.org) so far their proven good. While images appear thumbsize, a click will reveal full size.

Thirdly is the story itself, chapter 2 was a bit too dialogue ridden, this does pick up from page 15 onwards when i finally had a proof reading editor. I do apologise if this seems like bumping a thread back to life but I needed to make sure the thread was more tidy and didn't update till i had an alternative to photobucket.

Final question to raise to some people do you prefer updates per page or in bulk? Furthermore are you happy seeing sketch work added here as i can just make a link to the top page to that material direct.

Er Hi all, again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Grifs and Peaceful Floran like this.
  15. thebritwriter

And here is my update, from now it'll be back to daily page updates unless people want me to release in bulks, normally as mentioned in post before (or if this has been merged, my earlier comment) but I stopped updating partly because i wanted to find an alternative to photobucket and felt more pages needed to be connected to make the story more clear, but if people want daily page updates i can do that. There are other things to mention but i'm too tired to go into detail at this stage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grifs likes this.
  16. thebritwriter

Here's latest page

[​IMG]

17. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Hey man, I browsed through some of them and you're really good at this! A while ago I was recommended Tapas (previously Taptastic) for uploading and archiving comics/strips and I think it might be useful to you too- personally speaking it's really friendly for sorting chapters and browsing through pages.

18. thebritwriter

Being persistent with practice is what pays off, also thankful to people who can gave some time for references furthermore it's a nice outlet for me to forget about stress at work, given this is a hobby.

I'll give that site a look, anything has been better then photobucket, i wouldn't mind but I actually liked them as a site till they cut out my images and flooded me with spam, what happened to them? Given they were one of the first you figure they would go strength to strength till they started doing all those antics.

Tyle likes this.
  19. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Old Photobucket user too. I used to use it all the time until new image sites that do the job 10x times better started to pop up - Pb on the other hand seems to be still stuck in the late 2000s function-wise.

Linking images to outside the site (e.g. to this thread) isn't what Tapas is good at (in fact, it isn't quite supported...), but generally it's fantastic as a library/archive of sorts. I generally use the dA images for thread/posting needs and it has been working out fine for me.

20. thebritwriter