1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Xbox one privacy settings

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lanprime, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Lanprime

Lanprime Space Hobo

I just bought wargroove and on starting it I get a message saying I need to let the app read my Xbox profile data and switch my parental controls off before it can start. The game just keeps looping back to that message and won't even go to a title screen. I opened up all my privacy settings and reinstalled the app and this still happend. I have had the game for 2 days and can't play it

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Heya, I'm sorry this is happening. It's a known issue that we're working with microsoft to try and get fixed for the next patch.

In the meantime could I please have a little more information about your setup:
      Are you using a Gold or Silver account?
      If you go into the privacy settings do you have any users set up in the Family? If you do, could you try removing them and then re-launching.

If that isn't working, have you tried completely delete the saved data from the console? These are the steps to do it:
      - Close the game
      - Remove the save data: Highlight the game icon and press MENU button > Manage game & add-ons > Saved data > select the account > Delete everywhere (it will include the cloud save as well).
      - Disconnect the console from the Internet.
      - Launch the game without an Internet connection. With the Delete everywhere option the cloud save shouldn't a problem, but just in case...
      - Reach the point where it was failing and see if this time it works.
      - Connect the console to the Internet and reboot the game.

• Scorpionxz84

Scorpionxz84 Space Hobo

Hello, i tried your solution but when im offline and try to start the game, i get a message that i need to be connected to the internet to start the game

• Shubeans

Sorry for the delayed response, are you still getting this issue?

• Scorpionxz84

Scorpionxz84 Space Hobo

No, thanks. It works now.

• Shubeans

Awesome!
              Xbox was down over the weekend, and they were having some server issues apparently. So I was hoping that was the cause of some problems :D

• EaJohnson

EaJohnson Space Hobo

Good evening, was there a patch for this? I just purchased the game tonight 2-6-19 and I am getting the same issue as the other user. I followed your steps above except
                1. The delete save data elsewhere I had no saved data to select.

2. Trying to start the game with no internet, it doesn't let you.

I am a Gold member on an Xbox one X

Thanks

• Shubeans

Hello.
                  could you try hard resetting the xbox, and then making sure that there are no users set up in the family controls.
                  Let me know that makes a difference at all