XBOX 360 controller won't work.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OSJLPhil, Aug 13, 2015.

1. OSJLPhil

OSJLPhil Orbital Explorer

Just purchased this game through Steam. Installed it. The controller would not work.

Restarted my PC with XBOX 360 controller still plugged in. Started Wanderlust Adventures and it comes up with an error message about floating number point division by zero. Game then loaded but still controller will not work. I was able to navigate the menu using the WASD keys and ENTER key on the keyboard but it does not recognize the 360 controller input at all. Period. I've loaded up a number of other Steam games (Smaller ones like Risk of Rain and larger ones like Witcher 3) and the controller works fine for every other title I open. There is either a problem with this game recognizing standard controllers (highly likely) or a problem with Settings (But as mentioned there is no setting to adjust that I was able to locate).

Any help would be appreciated as I would love to play this game, was super excited to pay and download it immediately, but it simply will not work and there seems to be no options that help. When I navigate to the gamepad options it is turned on by default... I can turn it off and back on... but it makes absolutely no difference.

Leth seems like a nice guy, I've seen him on Twitch and I know he works hard on his games. I definitely enjoyed the first Wanderlust game. I like supporting indie devs like Yeti Trunk and I realy want to support this game but being unable to play it with controller is a deal breaker. I REALLY don't want to give this negative feedback as I know that can really effect game sales... but boy am I frustrated. I'd like to support the dev but this is really a major negative issue to have in the game on release.

• sirithre

sirithre Pangalactic Porcupine

• hurimaru

hurimaru Space Hobo

Im having a problem where whenever I hit F1 the press A to confirm shows up for a second and goes back to spacebar. I can't get it to work

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Then it's not detecting the controller for some reason.

• hurimaru

hurimaru Space Hobo

So thats on my end? Because it works for other games

• d2king10

d2king10 Guest

Try replugging the controller in and see if that game recognizes it.

• hurimaru

hurimaru Space Hobo

Heres a video of whats going on during my game. Not sure if this helps