1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed "Wrong Password" error after the patch

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by tonyk78952, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyk78952

tonyk78952 Space Hobo

After the update, I'm not able to change the server password

It'll only let me use the "default" (swordfish, duckies) ones.

Whenever I try to change the password, i get the "wrong password" error when i log in the server.

I think its a bug..I tried re-installing but still doesn't work

anyone else getting this error?

2. deb0rian

deb0rian Mop

Yeah same here.

3. SlothMonster

SlothMonster Astral Cartographer

I just resolved the same issue. You need to change the password settings in both default_configuration.config as well as starbound.config.

4. tonyk78952

tonyk78952 Space Hobo

thanks man! it worked!

5. SlothMonster

You're welcome! Have fun!

6. Dooger

Dooger Space Hobo

How do you do that though?

7. Clivers

Clivers Space Spelunker

Just got mine to work :p i went in and changed it in starbound config only.
    You need to go into your files and change it, its pretty simple
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound
    Then right click on Starbound.config and go to properties then set it to open with notepad. Once you open it with notepad look around for the password line and just simply change one of them
    Capture.JPG

Capture3.JPG

8. Piewith1

Piewith1 Tentacle Wrangler

IT SILL DOESNT WORK HELP ME D:L

9. SlothMonster

Here's a link to the guide I made. The video should start right at 5:19 which is the passwords section.

EDIT: The 'start at' feature isn't working here because it's loading as media. Just skip to 5:19 for passwords.

EDIT: Copy and paste the link in the CODE box to your browser to start the video at 5:19
    Code:
    http://youtu.be/r9FHTFiTNV8?t=5m19s

RvLesh likes this.
  10. allfornon

allfornon Space Hobo

@SlothMonster
    I followed the instructions provided in the video, even double-checked that the passwords matched in the document, yet I get a 'wrong password' error whenever I try to connect. This occurs even when I copy/paste straight from the text document. Help?

11. SlothMonster

Now that there is a SERVER ACCOUNT field, make sure that you are not entering anything in that field. Click the SERVER ADDRESS field and put in the IP address, then click on the SERVER PASSWORD field and type the password. Hopefully that helps you out.

12. JaguarDanB

JaguarDanB Seal Broken

Thanks sloth it helped me alot :) now i can play with friends :D now the only issue its the bugs .

EDIT: You sound sexy <3

13. YargImmaPirate

YargImmaPirate Void-Bound Voyager

So, I did all of the port forwarding junk, I went into both of the config files, i made my password super simple, and even copied it multiple times. I'm hosting my own server (or attempting to, at least) and I am using my home IP address. What am I doing wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.