1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Wow Crossover (WIP) V0.02

Weapons from Azeroth crossing over into Starbound...

1. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

agmoyer submitted a new mod:

Wow Crossover (WIP) - Weapons from Azeroth crossing over into Starbound...

Read more about this mod...

2. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

Little information on plans, I have finished two more weapons and will be making more through out the week and then have an update adding in the new weapons while editing some dmg on the already added ones.

Question : Do you think I should remove the basic weapons and replace them with higher level weapons in WoW that most players would love to have but are a pain to get?

3. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, finished 3 weapons yesterday and will be working on more today and the next two days so on Monday I'll update the mod.
    I've also chose to remove the most basic weapons and replace them with much better weapons. Reason for this is with my last 5 weapons I've made I pretty much never use the basic weapons now. So I might as well replace them with something more interesting.

4. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, 13 more weapons to replace and on Monday I'll update with the changes. Hope you'll like the new weapons!

5. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, finished replacing the spears and tomorrow I'll start on the last nine weapons and Monday I'll update it.

6. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

agmoyer updated Wow Crossover (WIP) with a new update entry:

Replacements & Adjustments

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I haven't played WoW since right after BC came out but... NO GRIND? Pretty sure that betrays the spirit of WoW :p

You could add "enchants" where as the weapon itself is the material, and the output is technically a different weapon that is a slightly modified version of that weapon. Although I think that is something to consider only after you have this fleshed out to your satisfaction.

And the idea of enchanting probably could/should be it's own mod (that supports weapons from this mod). Not sure that it could work for random gens(Unless someone did something slightly more creative like importing attributes of the random gen), but for specific weapons it could definitely work.[DOUBLEPOST=1451344975][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Not as bad as you think, at least for Starbound. Obviously you have Starbound installed already.

Just open up your Starbound folder(..\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\). Then open up \Win64\ and double click on starbound_opengl.exe

You can optionally make a link to that for easier access. With this, you don't actually need Steam to be open to play Starbound. Many games though will require Steam running. Luckily Chucklefish isn't so DRM obsessed, and this is a fine example of why that stance is far better for us customers.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  8. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

I was going to keep my third plan secret but I'll spill it. I plan to create a second work bench of sorts where you can turn in your weapon for a stronger tier with a cost. This however will create a large list of weapons but maybe it won't be so bad since if you type in the weapon's name it should show. I guess this could work, I want to make this new workbench look like the transmog guy maybe, I don't know.

As for the whole steam problem, that would've been more useful before I re-installed Steam... But Steam has replied to my ticket, only problem here is the support page(s) are under maintenance...Steam has a sense of humor it seems...

9. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

Awesome news, Steam has just helped me recover my account today so now I can get back to work on this mod again!

10. tomsheep1

tomsheep1 Void-Bound Voyager

Would love to see the Warglaives Of Azzinoth in this.Those are some of my favorite weapons :p