1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Wow can't believe you used game maker for this!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by yoppyx, Nov 12, 2013.

1. yoppyx

yoppyx Existential Complex

Haven't played the game yet, but it looks amazing! I was gonna take a stab at programming because I wanted to see how to make a game. I then found that programming my own game would take a long long time and without a teacher would be difficult. I then investigated game maker and found out ROR was made with it! Thanks for the inspiration I will attempt to make a little game now:rainbow:

• TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes Void-Bound Voyager

Game Maker is incredibly powerful when used properly and one of the quickest/easiest ways to make simple games. I highly recommend it to all people new to programming. Good luck with your game! :)

yoppyx likes this.
      • DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bunch of years ago Spelunky was made by Game Maker. Since this time I always say: "No matter what instrument you use. Matter is how you use it".

• yoppyx

So far i can make events happen, make my guy die to enemy and that's pretty much it.

Game is ninja castle is crap, but its a test for future projects.

My only question is how do you know when you make a sprite that it will fit your grid.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, any time a game is made in something like Game Maker and turns out to be amazing and special I'm always surprised, I used to have this sort of view of Game Maker as more of a toy than a major programming platform. Sadly, I can't help with the technicalities.

My question is, why is this thread in the Fan Works section...? Does this mean RoR should have an Offtopic board?

Duffie and yoppyx like this.
            • ArtoriasFlagg

ArtoriasFlagg Aquatic Astronaut

Just bought it on steam and am loving it so far. The art style is particularly interesting. Had no idea it was by the same studio as starbound until literally five minutes ago.

Auraknight likes this.
              • needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The studio is different (hopoo games), they just get published by the same company (Chucklefish).

• yoppyx

Yeah fan works arn't the only things related to this game.