1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Would it be possible...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Lawls, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

To give my friend the Steam key, and play my locally installed copy on my computer. While my friend plays on another computer using the Steam version? sorry if this is a dumb question.

2. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Technically possible. But we'd rather you didn't. If you both want to play the game, please consider purchasing a second copy. We're a small company and every little bit helps.

3. jeo

jeo Aquatic Astronaut

I am pretty sure the game will be available from various torrent sites as soon as its released with working multiplayer. So really no need to bother and install steam for that. It is more the matter of appreciation of the devs and the masterpiece they are making. They've managed to implement so many brilliant things I wanted to see in games when I was a kid playing Sega and Nintendo. I am russian and we here have a good old tradition to torrent soft instead of buying it. However I've preordered this game as soon as it was available and would encourage any of my friends to do the same.

4. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

I'll most certainly get 2 copies, I want to support you guys as much as I can. Also I hate digital pirating with a passion, especially when the victims are indie developers.

5. I will use the Steam Copy for Play with Steam my version.

I no no give an other version for people can play without Support Starbound. O___o

6. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

I find it very amusing that you'd ask this on the forum of the game in question. Announcing that you aren't going to pay as much money isn't very nice.

7. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

2 Copies it is, I wanna see Chucklefish get biiiiiiig :up:. Also I never said I would do it, I was just asking if it was possible. Above Bacon's post I said I would get 2 copies, maybe read the rest of the thread before making assumptions?

8. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Locking as answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.