1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Would be awesome to see blaster master make his way......

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lucky104, May 15, 2020.

1. Lucky104

Lucky104 Intergalactic Tourist

Was looking to find blaster master and his tank. They came out with another one on the 3ds that was bad ass. Would love to see him make his way in the game. Had a small amount of upgrades but hell I could see it. On a side note. Haven't seen many of the dc cast make there way in. Street fighter or streets of rage would be dope tho.......
    .then theres kirby lol

2. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

CF have been pretty careful when it came to other IPs, so much so that they had to remove things like pulse rifles, a set of armor that resembled WH40k space marine armor (especially since the company that owns WH40k is ultra zealous with copyright laws) and even Impervium (there's an IRL product called Imperium). The only direct easter eggs to other games are either to Wargroove (CF's other deved game) or some of the games they helped publish (solarium is in SDV, and the boat is based off one in another game CF helped publish too)

so at the end of the day, it seems pretty unlikely that we're ever going to see things from larger IPs in SB

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Wish CF puts more easter egg in their game. It's always fascinating to see another things like it.

Armok likes this.
  4. Lucky104

Lucky104 Intergalactic Tourist

Just saying as a fan that grew up in that time seeing it on a game with this much potential would be so damn satisfying!

5. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

SB does have a load of references to be fair, human dialogue in general is laden with pop culture references, and there's references to dead space, alien, halo, ss13, Neon Genesis Evangelion, sonic, and voltron just to name a few. it's just that they're not super obvious in nature.

STCW262 likes this.
  6. Daikon Ocelot

Well actually the easter egg I meant is a cross-game of the game they publish and made easter egg. Something like that Glooskap from Treasure Adventure World, faction banner from Wargroove, and others, and vice versa. I also notice that the game they publish like that TAW and Halfway, mention in their universe about a game called Starbound. Those kind of thing is really fun to found.

Armok likes this.
  7. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

didn't know that TAW and Halfway mention SB in 'em

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  8. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, they mention it, alright. I ever play TAW and Halfway, and they mention it in their character's dialogue and the description of the object around.

9. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

that being said, I don't exactly know what TAW is...

10. Daikon Ocelot

TAW, Treasure Adventure World.

Armok likes this.