Worst game you had ever completed?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zerukoba, May 3, 2016.

1. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

For me it would be Prototype 2. I completed it and even replay it on NG+ for a hard mode achievement (and have all achievements in general) just because I was that freaking bored and I didn't have Steam at the time. Funny enough I hated every moment of it and while I haven't play Prototype 1 I can only feel pity for those who did and decided to buy Prototype 2 thinking it was going to be a good experience. Thankfully a friend loan it to me so I didn't pay for it though I still somehow regret playing it. The game is playable but just not enjoyable. The story is an insult to Prototype 1 (that I know the basics of) and I believe the game itself only added two skills/attacks overall compare to the first.

If anyone was able to enjoy the game then fine, you are a better man (or woman) than me. People have different taste. It is worth noting I did complete it regardless so it is far from the worst game I had ever play period.

2. Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

I am so bad at completing games. When I was a kid I could do it. But as an adult I will get so far and then life is like hey no time for that. So when I get back on I'm like "Uhh what on Earth was I doing?" And then I just give up and move on to something else. I typically have enjoyed every game that I have played. But I did just try the Doom beta and hated that. I don't know if it is because I'm so use to Halo but I just was like bleh this is horrible.

3. Ironbeak

Ironbeak Big Damn Hero

I didn't finish it, but the game that disappointed me most was Pokemon: Ranger (Shadows of Almia).

I had such high hopes for that series. It seemed like a game that was perfectly suited to my interests: park rangers solving puzzles with pokemon??? SIGN ME THE HECK UP, I said. But the pacing was terrible, the storyline was ho-hum, the characters were forgettable, and the gameplay somehow couldn't make up for any of it. I got about halfway through the game, but I just couldn't continue. I think it all just felt pointless because it didn't feel like you or the pokemon were progressing--you always had to release them at the end of your journey, nobody gained any levels or badges, hell, at least give me a promotion or something. I guess that tied in with the environmentally-friendly forestry theme, but it always just felt like I had nothing to show for my hard work.

newcomer3 likes this.
  4. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Probably Battlefield 3. The multiplayer was decent, but the campaign oh god
    My needs were later fulfilled by Planetside 2, War Thunder and Arma 3, and in hindsight even multiplayer wasn't really that good.

There are also games so bad that i gave up rather quickly, notably Assassin's Creed 3 and the Thief reboot.

5. MattytheMouse

MattytheMouse Industrial Terraformer

Sonic '06.

Almost everybody is aware of that game's reputation. However, I feel as though very few people have actually experienced it.

Yes, Sonic '06 is bad, but I don't think people truly understand just how bad it is. It's actually really hard to put into words just how bad it is. Broken doesn't do the controls or near game-breaking bugs justice. Frustrating is an understatement for the numerous sequences that play themselves only to abruptly throw you into an immense difficulty spike. Nonsensical and stupid just doesn't adequately describe the plot or characters. Sonic '06 isn't even so bad that it's good because playing it for too long in one sitting is physically draining. To this day, nothing in a video game has made me so disheartened as Sonic losing his last life because he decided a loop de loop didn't exist and clipped through it instead of running through it, forcing me to reload a save from several levels back.

Fuck me sideways, I could talk all day about how bad Sonic '06 is if I needed to.

6. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

Mega man Soccer! i used to play this game as a kid. though i beaten the game many times but there just no ending/ credits. i threw that game away, so i'm happy at least.

7. Katkill

Katkill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. No quicksave option, Jack walks slower than a snail and literally breaks his legs by jumping off of a small box. Sometimes he starts to freak out, his vision gets all wonky and this makes aiming extremely hard. This game isn't broken, it's just really frustrating and not that enjoyable to play.

8. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

The Conduit. If anyone remembers that ill-fated futuristic, alien shooter, then they know why it was terrible.

(I still regret finishing it...)

9. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron on the PSP.
    If you want to play this game, don't play the story at all. Go straight to Galactic conquest and play your heart out. The story is disorganized, uninformative, and it doesn't feel much like the Battlefront series. You've become somebody important rather than being an expendable unit in a Battle. Unfortunately, EA made it worse with their newest faff of a game.

newcomer3 likes this.
  10. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I couldn't even completed it I hated it that much: Destiny.

I bought it, and 2 days later I took it back. It felt like you would do the same thing again and again and again. And it wasn't even enjoyable.

Nopenope. Never again.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

And I thought early Beta Warframe was bad.

At least it was still in active development and they got a lot better at it (but due to me sinking so many hours into it, I'm just not into it yet).

Anyways, my nomination for this list... uh...

I haven't really played a lot of "bad" games to be honest, since way back in the Playstation days before you could really look crap up. If I had to nominate anything that I couldn't stomach the actually finish, it'd probably be King's Bounty Crossworlds.

Okay, the premise behind the game is cool, but they get far too ridiculous with the challenge. I got I don't know how far into the game, and now everything checks as "Lethal" or "Very Deadly" and I'm like ".....um where am I supposed to go now!?"

You fight one or two battles on this island, and then move to another island, fight one or two battles there, then move to another island, fight another one or two battles there, trying to scrape up enough XP that you can gain a level make your army strong enough to handle these insanely overpowered enemy units.

And don't even get me started on boss battles. I ran into this ultra-cheap boss battle (the very first one I've seen in that game) and the amount of damage you need to do to even get past the first form is ridiculous, and they don't give you any indication that it is only the first form either. I was thinking I might actually win the fight, and then it's like "Oh, this is only my first form" and I'm like "really!?"

Said boss is in an area populated by enemies that checked "Equal in Strength", so...... ya, okay sure. Right.

This is on the game's "Easy" setting, by the way.

Sgt.fox170 likes this.
  12. Chris1488

Chris1488 Phantasmal Quasar

Does Sonic '06 count as a game?

13. renny18

renny18 Space Hobo

Starbound.

Kaminaze, rexicom, Alucard I and 2 others like this.
  14. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

Savage.

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hah! It sounds so mean ... but I have to agree with @renny18 I really loved this game back in the day, but this 1.0 is not something I can honestly like. Ill play it, the sandboxing is fun, but hell if that story... just ugh, take it back, ill stick to the building, the settlements and love my beautiful creations, just dont mention the "story mode" in front of me.

(no this is not a rant... just being honest, I didnt really like the story.)

16. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

Sonic 06

At least the music is ok

17. krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

Since I guess it can count: Ooze, game number 5 in Action 52, itself considered one of the worst things on the NES.
    So, why did I play this? I had heard about a screen being at the end of level 5 where if you got to that screen and mailed a picture to it to Active Enterprises, you'd be entered in a contest to win $104,000. (get it? cause 52*2=104?) So it being 2011 with me having nothing to do at like... 4 AM, I decided to give it a shot.

Yeah. Obviously, it's awful. Action 52 has this thing in a lot of its platformer games where you have to jump and then hit a direction to jump gaps and it was in full effect. Enemies and projectiles were all over the place. And the game was pretty ugly. But with savestates in hand, the royal wedding on TV behind me being ignored, and probably not much sleep, I persevered all for this.
    [​IMG]

Pretty good.

18. Anonoriginal

Anonoriginal Void-Bound Voyager

But I liked prototype 2 :c
    --- Post updated ---
    As for my worst..
    I've never actually beaten a bad game
    I just give up. Or stop playing tbh

19. Kaminaze

Kaminaze Void-Bound Voyager

Watch underscore Dogs.

20. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Guns of Icarus, now known as Flight of the Icarus. One hour of repetitive gameplay later, and it was over. The snippets of lore were interesting, but I hardly remember any of it and none of it resembled a story. Good thing I got it on sale for some measly sum (i.e. less than $2), otherwise I'd have felt far more ripped off.