1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Worlds occasionally won't load, will return to ship; ship has been reset

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by SkyeTheTerribleBeastie, Oct 2, 2017.

1. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

So, as of two days ago, I've been trying to teleport somewhere (typically mission locations) via the ship's teleporter, and it'll go through the motions- but instead of teleporting me to the location, it'll just send me back to the ship. This, I assume, is similar to the "Perfectly Generated Item"; it can't find or load the location/item, so it automatically reverts you to your last location, or spawns the generic item. Well, while teleporting back to my ship from a location, it failed to load my ship, and the game crashed. Not error and return to the main menu, but Windows saying that Starbound has encountered an error, which is a red flag for me.
    I loaded the game back up, and sure enough- I was at the last location that wasn't a dungeon, or my ship, which was my underwater base. No problems, except that wasn't where I should've been. Naturally I teleported to my ship, only to find... it had been completely reverted, as if it had to spawn the entire thing all over again. Fully upgraded, the couch, lava lamp, platforms, even hazard blocks were all there. Nothing I had put there was still there. Thankfully I had already moved all my crafting items (for the most part) out of there to the base, but man, I lost some stuff.
    The only things that could have caused this (as far as I know) are these:
    1) Issue in Startech (mod) where I lost ~5,000 items. Data doesn't just disappear, was probably misfiled and is causing indexing errors (or something).
    2) Installed an RPG levelling mod. Not sure this could be it, but it's the only new thing I've added.

Logs compressed and attached, will continue playing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Mod issues. Some mod adds a dungeon named "magickaforest" which fails to generate causing beamup to ship. The log also shows that you ran out of memory so this is most likely the cause for this dungeon to fail in generation. (probably insufficient hardware)
    For everything resetting could be related that the crash corrupted your universe.dat and/or clientcontext file. Also one of your mods horribly messes around with behaviour stuff. (Outdated or "poor" mod)

If something turns into a PGI either the item was removed, renamed or the mod it belonged in was removed. It's a fallback starbound uses to prevent crashing due to missing items.

You should check if all mods you're using are up to date and if there are any incompatibilities.

~ Iris ~

3. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

So the solution is...
    Fix memory issue
    Check mods for update
    Find the mod that "horribly messes around with behaviour stuff." (help appreciated)

Yeah?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Uhm basically yes. Unfortunately i don't know every mod and it's contents and the log unfortunately doesn't give any information about what mod fails when. ^^'
    It seems that "Lyetzi's Gunshop Mod - Open Beta V.1.2.2" is throwing a lot of errors due to missing stuff. Maybe it's this one (if it alters npc combat behaviour).

~ Iris ~

5. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Interesting... it's a really well sprited mod, adds real-imported guns to the game, love it 'cause you can reload weapons. I'll sadly remove the mod and reallocate my vRAM size, and get back here.

bk3k Blocks and Objects
    bk3k Pipes Flow
    bk3k Techs
    Combinable Augments
    Enhanced Matter Manipulator
    Erisss's More Planet Info
    Felin
    Felin Costumes
    Felin Object Descriptions+
    Frackin' Music
    Frackin Universe
    Gothic Outfit Pack
    Hoarder's Inventory
    Lamia (Cutebound)
    Lamia (Race)
    Learn Blueprints on Scan
    Material Printer
    Mechconfigsbase
    XS Mechs
    Modules-in-a-box
    Parallax Compression
    Pilch Science Station
    Redone Protectorate Uniforms
    Quickbar Mini Master
    StarTech
    Tabula Rasa
    UI Scaling
    Weapon Assembly
    Xbawks
    Automatic Doors
    A.V.I.A.N.
    Ceiling Sprinkler
    Food Spoil Bars
    Food Stack

Lyetzi's Gunshop
    Mecharachnid
    No Heal/Food Drop (on death)
    Optimizebound
    Purchasable Pets
    Phase Shift Module
    Playable Cat
    Racial Perks
    Skippable Cinematics
    Slime (race)
    Use Apex Pod
    Enhanced Rails
    Starbound RPG Growth

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  6. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Ok, so I can't remove the mod without the game crashing/closing on character/world load...
    Went to the mod's page, turns out that it'll be a pain to remove, and a stupid idea to even add, due to it's blatent warning on the main page... I did a stupid, and have paid for it. :v