1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Worlds Beaming Back to Ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by BuleCurger, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuleCurger

BuleCurger Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever I go to one to my worlds, the world forms for a split second and then instantly beams me back to my ship. Sometimes the world doesn't even form. The mod I have installed that I think may have caused is frackin' universe. although I have done nothing to effect the mod. Why's this happening

UPDATE: I doesn't happen on new planets until I leave them and come back

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them.

~ Iris ~

3. BuleCurger

Here you go:

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

One of your mod is "dirty" and doesn't use the proper patch format. Instead it overrides the vanilla assets which causes this error.
    You also will run into another issue that will prevent you from fishing.

It seems that you're familiar with unpacking mods. I suggest unpacking all of them (you can skip the frackin mods because they're using the patch format) and directly search for /player.config and /projectiles/physics.config
    These are two files that definitly doesn't use the patch format. Maybe there are more. If you find the files contact the respective mod author for this particular issue.

~ Iris ~

5. BuleCurger

So, do I just search for them in my starbound folder or is is a part of a mod? And for when I find them, do I just get rid of them? Also, how do I know which mod it is?

6. BuleCurger

FIXED IT! Found the player.config, it was leftover from a mod I attepted to make. All Problems have been solved!

Just kidding no it's not.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  7. Iris Blanche

If it is not fixed then don't say it ._.
    Also if you removed those overriding files please attach the new log.

~ Iris ~

8. BuleCurger

I thought it was fixed, but after playing it for more than 15 seconds it broke again

Also, I have no Idea how to unpack mods

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  9. Iris Blanche

Please use the edit function when making additions to your previous post.

I still need the new log file ^-^ Maybe it's another issue listed now. :)

~ Iris ~

10. BuleCurger

Here's the New one:

Attached Files:

11. Iris Blanche

One of the mods still contains overriding files and doesn't have the new node applied. :(

~ Iris ~

12. BuleCurger

Does it say what mod it could be, like the number or something? Like this:

Attached Files:

13. Iris Blanche

Unfortunately not.

~ Iris ~

14. BuleCurger

So is there any way to tell which mod could be causing it? Are there any types of mods that I should be looking out for?

15. Iris Blanche

I assume that the overriding files are caused by a mod that alters weapon projectile physics.
    As for the appliesWeatherStatusEffects error: this can be caused by a mod that isn't updated to 1.1.1 which adds monstertypes and/or new npcs (most likely racemods)
    Best way would be making a backup of your storage folder, disable all mods and enable one after another.
    Since you're using workshop and mods folder (and let them override) i suggest making sure that the modfolder contains the latest mods.

~ Iris ~

16. BuleCurger

Will unsubscribing to workshop mods affect the mods I have unpacked in my mods folder?

Also, is there any way to tell if a mod is affecting the weapon projectile physics?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  17. Iris Blanche

No but it seems that the workshop ones are the updated ones. At least you should keep them synchronized when using both.

Also use the edit function when making additions to your post.

~ Iris ~

18. BuleCurger

so should I not have the unpacked workshop mods in my mods folder?

19. Iris Blanche

It's somehow redundant and the mods folder will override the workshop ones. If the workshop ones are more up to date but you didn't synchronize both folders then starbound will override the updated ones from the workshop with the outdated ones from the mods folder.

~ Iris ~

20. BuleCurger

so should I get rid of the ones in my mods folder, or should I keep them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.