1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed World Glitch

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Grimstar101, Jan 8, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimstar101

Grimstar101 Yeah, You!

So i was recently on my mac on my Base world which is a barren planet. I was expanding and broke some blocks and my pixel compressor but as soon as the compressor was broken all my npcs froze and i couldn't place anything and the world ceased to load anymore than it had. I had to force close the game to get out of the world and upon reentering my characters universe i spawned at my ship and tried to go back to my home base but soon as i moved from my teleporter it did the exact same thing forcing me to close it again. I tried going to another planet and it worked fine, i even went to a previous version of the world and that worked fine UNTIL i broke the compressor. So after all my rambling i hope someone can help me out this reeeally sucks and i don't know what to do

PS im still able to move after this all happens and i tried using the world on my windows pc but still no luck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Post your starbound.log file.

3. Grimstar101

Grimstar101 Yeah, You!

erm which one i have 5?

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The first one.

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

You're going to want to reproduce the issue right before you attach your log.

You should have six logs. With file extension names turned on, you should see this:
    upload_2016-1-7_21-51-58.png

You attached starbound.log.1. You want to attach starbound.log.

This is because each time you open and close the game, the game's log is saved in starbound.log. The previous contents of starbound.log are moved to starbound.log.1, the previous contents of that file go to starbound.log.2, and so on. It's a cycle.

The log you provided has no error in it. You need to reproduce the error, close your game, and attach starbound.log without opening the game up again.

6. Grimstar101

Grimstar101 Yeah, You!

ok i reproduced it and attached a the log

7. Grimstar101

Grimstar101 Yeah, You!

Please i was so far along with my base and i would lose so much resources, can anyone fix this?

8. IHaxUs

IHaxUs Poptop Tamer

Wow same happened to me today I maked a giant island and a dragon head was at the top, the houses for the npc where in a giant wing :C all gone and its the same situation like yours i tried the same things and same happenings

9. IHaxUs

IHaxUs Poptop Tamer

OK WOW FIXED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID 3 THINGS I DONT KNOW WICH ONE HELPED :

-I destroyed the 2 last colony deeds i placed

-I had and ongoing mission with 1 NPC and I destroyed his colony deed

-I destroyed the last house I built

SO IT WORKED FOR ME AND IT WILL FOR YOU TOO!!!

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  10. Grimstar101

Grimstar101 Yeah, You!

problem is i cant break anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.