Modding Discussion Workshop+Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by CadeStirling, Aug 11, 2016.

1. CadeStirling

CadeStirling Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not sure if i should post this here but couldn't where else to put it.

As i'm sure we all know, dedicated servers and steam workshop dont play well at all and requires allot of tedious number adding to files to make them work at all, so my question is. will this be fixed so a dedicated server can run off the mods in the workshop without editing the sbinit.config to hell and back or moving the files and changing the names?

im no coder at all so dont even know if this is possible but its very tedious to set up a server and IF (not saying i do) you do have a crap ton of mods, thats a LOT of workshop ref numbers to put in. one typo and you spent the next hour or so going through said number list again line by line to find a typo D: it just seems needlessly over complicated and makes running a server less and less appealing. :\

i know you can download mods from the mod forums and just put them in the mod directory which is fine except for the mods exclusive to the workshop which again kinda leaves some people boned.

is there anyway to make it so that the dedserv client would read from the workshop directory and mod folders as well as the games mod folder and assets?

again im no coder or scripter so have no idea :\