1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Won't Launch

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by BluegoldF15H, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

Right, this is the launcher not working. You can fix that by renaming your starbound.exe file to launcher.exe and placing it in the launcher folder. Steam thinks the game itself is actually the launcher and runs that.

On the other hand, we still have this access error to deal with, and I have no idea what's causing it. Even with admin mode on/off, it still happens. It's driving me crazy >.>

2. PurpleSquirel43

PurpleSquirel43 Pangalactic Porcupine

Has anybody out there found out a Mac fix?

3. dennoucoil

dennoucoil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Give adminstiration permission to launcher exe in launcher

4. Darkentyes

Darkentyes Space Hobo

didn't work for me :(

5. PurpleSquirel43

PurpleSquirel43 Pangalactic Porcupine

I got it working for me, I just had to delete my player and universe folders.

6. Davidmc145

Davidmc145 Void-Bound Voyager

when I open up the launcher and hit "launch Starbound" it does the ChuckleFish animation but then it just freezes at the loading screen and i get this:
    2013-12-07_00001.jpg
    and it stays there for hours then i finally close it

Katybear likes this.
  7. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

When I go to launch starbound it stops responding and nothing happens.
    Then a good 5 minutes later starbound pops up and
    gets stuck on the loading screen for another 5 minutes.

Sometimes it gets stuck on the character select screen too.
    Have you tried waiting it out?
    Just leave the thing running and see if anything happens.

8. Astral Ocelot

Astral Ocelot Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same problem, I try to hit the launch starbound button on the launcher, but nothing visual happens. I check my task manager though, and there is a starbound.exe process for each time I pressed it. I have tried compatibility modes and having the admin stuff on or off, but none of it works.

9. HerbalD

HerbalD Space Hobo

go to to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\launcher" , right clicked the launcher, properties, compatibility, run as administrator, profit.

10. HerbalD

HerbalD Space Hobo

so same problem. went to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\launcher" , right clicked the launcher, properties, compatibility, run as administrator, profit.

11. DiBBz

DiBBz Big Damn Hero

im not having this problem but its more or or less the REDIDICLOUS Loading time for the game to start up , i click launch starbound and then it takes literately 7 mins for it to get to the main menu

12. georgiecon

georgiecon Space Hobo

I click the "Launch Starbound" button and then it brings up this little window. I wait and wait and then its says all this crap about how direct3D doesn't like me and that steam messed up and stuffl.

13. Evermillion

Evermillion Space Hobo

im having a similar error, once i press "Launch Starbound" i hear the Windows Error sound over and over again for about 2 to 3 seconds, before the game stops responding

14. Ninjapingu4

Ninjapingu4 Space Hobo

I'm having exactly the same issue and it needs to get fixed. I wasted 15 bucks on this game not to launch. When i click the launch Starbound button nothing happens but when i click launch Starbound opengl it will launch but occasionally get an access violation error or something of the like but once opened it refuses to run correctly freezing, lagging and not responding. I have an Intel Pentium P6100 and 4 GB ram and more than enough space to run the game. It is installed but wont launch. I want this game to run or I want my money back and I'm not getting that so please fix this.

15. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

I have the same problem, only mine actually shows an error. I tried reinstalling it, I tried switching betas (I'm in normal, no nightly or anything) but I get the same error everytime!!! Its weird cuz one day this just started happening. This needs to be fixed. I get This Error:

StarException:Could Not initialize input from configuration
    MapException: Key 'InterfaceBar10' not found in Map::get()
    KeyBindings::updateActionsFromConfig()
    KeyNindings:: ()
    ClientApplication::ClientApplication()
    _SDL_main
    _console_maion

KeyBindings::updateActionsFromConfig()
    KeyBindings::KeyBindings()
    ClientApplication::ClientApplication()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

16. Best Answer
    Delete your starbound.config file, that should fix the issue.

17. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm trying it now. YES!!! thank you so much Maxwell, you have saved me from almost 2 months of lack of Starbound!

18. No problem, if ya need help with anything else, feel free to toss up a post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.