1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Wondering about RP servers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Falling Tide, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Which RP servers are still going strong and have people on them daily?
    And what should I be looking for in terms of them, I haven't really done Starbound with anyone but friends and the random open public server.

2. Flying Turtle

Flying Turtle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It depends on the level of RP you're looking for. If you just want casual roleplay without many restrictions, servers like Antares, Galaxy Citizen, and Constellation are all good choices. You'll generally have more freedom to make any sort of character, but you may also have to deal with powergaming/metagaming and more ridiculous player characters and races.

Now, i'll admit i'm biased as a staff member, but if you want a more serious RP experience, Starbound Serenity would be my go-to recommendation every time. We have a whitelist, application process, and a custom-made D&D-style dice system, as well as RPE moderators to keep things fair and balanced who also run events for players to participate in that can affect lore.

It really depends on what you want out of your experience and your character. Starbound-servers.net has information and listings for all the servers I've mentioned. Good luck finding a place you enjoy!