RELEASED WONDERFUL FARM LIFE. [SMAPI] version updated 7/2, now with grandpa's memorial! MAKE YOUR FARM SICK!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, May 23, 2016.

1. viiinfinite

viiinfinite Void-Bound Voyager

Whew! Feels like this took longer than the edits did, lol. I somehow resisted the urge to have the exact dimensions for every single pic, thank goodness (that would have taken forever, haha... but man do I wish I'd done it). When I've got the time later this evening I'll add some layer screenshots too since that's where the smaller changes are obvious.

Apologies in advance for the large and clunky gifs, but it was either that or leave you guessing which to click! All pics are before then after.

clipping_01_before.png clipping_01_after.png
    clipping_03_before.png clipping_03_after.png
    clipping_05_before.png clipping_05_after.png
    clipping_02_before.gif clipping_02_after.gif
    clipping_04_before.gif clipping_04_after.gif

edit_01_before.gif edit_01_after.gif
    edit_02_before.gif edit_02_after.gif
    edit_03_before.gif edit_03_after.gif

invisible_01_before.png (Forgot to do an after shot for this; looking at it now I think these are actually all on the same row, but I'm running out of time so I'll fix this later, sorry!)
    invisible_02_before.gif invisible_02_after.gif
    invisible_03_before.png invisible_03_before.gif

paths_01_before.png paths_01_after.png

Note that the majority of the path changes will only be obvious in the layer screenshots. I'm not even sure some of the weeds and things actually spawn in game, mostly because I don't know the exact way the game recognizes buildings and whatnot; I haven't looked at the code yet so I can't be sure how it works. (It's something I'd like to look into today or tomorrow though. Very, very curious.)

Edit: I'll try a winter save this evening and let you know! :)

foghorn and taintedwheat like this.
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Omgosh wow o.o this is really helpful! Thank you

And thanks! About trying checking the save n.n

Could you also post it? The ones on the thread of saves arent really working and I dont feel like reverting mine back [the only other winter one on there lolol xD]

I need to test the smpai version of this too for jinx >.<

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Does stardewvalleymods.net happen to be your own blog?

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

This schmucky mod stealing guy. Hmph. I think its despicable. I wish my mods weren't listed on that website. Who knows what he bundles the downloads with. Could be giving people viruses and malware using OTHER PEOPLE'S good names.

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I don't think (s)he means harm but I just wished my permission was asked before it got uploaded...... And my name isn't spelled right (emmiestardew instead of eemie) :(

• taintedwheat

From what I've noticed is that they're all the mods from nexus and posted in the mod directory here that's been downloaded and posted on his website/ the other unknown third-party mod site too. @_@;

all my stuff have been via dropbox haven't been snatched.

i wonder if it's some porting program that takes things from websites and then lays it out on another website in like wordpress or adobe muse.

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Yeah, it sounds to me that they're trying to do something good by keeping it all in one place to go to to download. Unfortunately doing it without the mod creator's knowing is a bit suspect so no one will actually want to deal with them. These forums are wonky to navigate, sure, but not impossible. Plus nexus is an already established safe place to put mods that the creators can choose to do.

I'll tell you what though, stardew valley mods and the nexus come up in google searches waaaay before any post in this forum does.

• viiinfinite

Unfortunately my saves are pretty heavily modded so you'd almost certainly crash... And I'd forgotten that all my summer+ saves were pre-1.07 anyway, so I went ahead and just slept, like, a lot. Lmao.

In summer, I encountered a graphical error where the old shipping bin's lid was floating and fully animated where it used to sit. Going back inside after checking my mail resolved it.

In winter, there's this weird strip of a shadow or something...? And the upper boundary is kind of mismatched, but that might not really bother anybody else. As for the primary reason I slept so much in the first place, I didn't have any issues walking to or accessing the shipping box. :)
                  winter_02.png
                  winter_01.png

I made a few additional changes to the farm, so I've attached the new version plus your most recent files.

• added missing cliffside on the lower left boundary
                  • fixed weird issue where you could stand on your roof and the fence beside your house if you approached it from behind (at the cost of several building tiles that can't be passed through)
                  • made the lower swing navigable (so you can sit on it, kind of... at the cost of not being able to pass directly behind it anymore)
                  • removed the initial weed paths from the stone tiling around the shrine (this doesn't prevent eventual regeneration though)

The thing with the swings is that being able to (kind of) sit on them comes at the cost of not being able to cross directly behind the backrests. Totally sucks, but as far as I can tell (which doesn't really mean much considering how new I am to this) it looks like it's one or the other... Unless you're okay with being able to ninja your way straight through the backrests?

The shrine area still has a bunch of paths (easily deleted if need be)... And I can confirm that eventually grass and weeds will regenerate on the stone tile. (I know next to nothing about the properties of tiles at this point, but I noticed that the stone tiling is marked as dirt... Could that be part of the problem?)

I planned on taking screenshots of the layers to make comparison easier, but decided against it for two reasons: 1) it's impossible to get a fullscreen shot of the map, and 2) even if I did, it wouldn't be clear enough to see most of the differences (I tried; it wasn't pretty). If you'd like me to anyway I can just take a larger screenshot of the upper half of the map. :)

Also, the barrel in the top right corner next to the radio clips when you get too close. There are too many layers for me to correct this without editing the original tilesheet, and I am terrible at pixel art (as seen on my character, lol) so... I left it be.

Sorry for making even more edits. Once I notice something that I'm fairly certain I can fix, I'm incapable of pretending otherwise, and at this point there's really no reason for me not to share. It's not as if I'll take offense if you're just like, "nah, that's garbage, I'll pass." Lol. :p

Aaaand... I feel like I'm forgetting something that I said I'd do...? @.@;

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2016
                  • taintedwheat

It might be from the most front level but I thought I got that on the little marks on the ground near the smaller arch way

I wanted some of the stone to be dirt to give players the options to use it, I thought it would look cool if you had stray grass, weeds or wheat grow on the stone tiles as an appearance of cracks in the ground ):
                    If theres trees and stuff popping up on the path layer I dont want it to go through. Ive like click the path layer and nothing comes up. Its weird. Idk maybe I should try downloading the program again or something <_>

Ugh i fucking hate how winter_oudoorstilesheet is set up on the png by CA thats what'e made the snow all mismatch. You would think the snow was matched up with the grass files, they are in position on the sheets. x_x;

Idk tbh, my husband has company over, so I havent been able to check it ingame

I dont have that clipping problem on the building layer, so thats weird. The radio/jukebox wont work unless its on the building layer tile property on the table part

P.q

• viiinfinite

D'oh... Well, I'm silly. I just checked in tIDE -- at [15,22], [16,22], and [18,22] on the Front layer there were seemingly invisible tiles. I've removed them; the problem has been corrected. :)

I didn't change any of the stone tiling's properties so it should be fine. Trees are a possibility in the future though. I did leave the rocks and wood because it made sense for them to fall from the nearby cliffside; I'd only removed the weeds on the stone tiling itself, although they've been readded in this version, hehe. (No grass though, oopsie. I agree that that would look cool!)

Are you right clicking the layer in the file tree and enabling visibility? I didn't understand at first either until I realized that it is, by default, a hidden layer.
                      layer_visibility.png

The barrel only clips if you navigate your way up there and stand in front of it. Only people like me who fail at walking the direction they want to will really notice it. :p

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

Maybe not, probably when it came to paths thing More than likely that could of been why it did not show up hahah.

Also the edits are great, it super cleans it up. So long as nothing is being added to the tilesheets its good. The positons arent different than they were before too either so thats dope. Basically making it clean for people who arent able to/rather have the option not to use the smapi version is super helpful.

I appreciate it lots and lots. <3 <3 <3

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

I dont what about this mod but for the life of me I cant get it to work I decided to try again clean save no TS mod cleared it gone load up new game even checked a old game blue haired character.
                          [​IMG]

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@Ribbonain Which version are you using? There have been 287 edits since Taintedwheat started the thread :)

sheetcakeghost and taintedwheat like this.
                            • Jinxiewinxie

Please re-download the latest version and see if some of this is resolved. Do you also have the SMAPI bridge mod installed? If so, uninstall it since it comes with the map already that Tainted's made.

• taintedwheat

Which post did have you downloaded?

Also if you have the smapi bridge it will conflict.
                                Spring_festivals.xnb in content too? There was an update to the floortiles for gramps shine in my post last final packed was mine had all of the last corrections i made, vii's are stuff ive missed and didnt notice

Wellll, you knowwwww, cant help it haha :3
                                Jinx saw a stream whe really likes too on another map hopefully to cop that up and put it somewhere xD, running out of room on this map maybe, so could go on advize's haha

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                • Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Tried three different ones same results >_>

tried viiinfinite v3 one page 5 packedfinal and map final from page 6 which fixed the area around the dog house the area with the bins but grandpa's area is still pitch black hole area and the bridge is still full of clipping.

• Jinxiewinxie

Can you reply with with a full zip file of the most recent map and tilesheets? And maybe put that in the main post too? So people aren't confused ^_^

taintedwheat likes this.
                                    • taintedwheat

Yahh ill do that n.n

hey, i put both my original xnb and vii's please check both of them and let me know which works better for everyone. ya'll could be super helpers :3 (just rename the other farm map back to farm)

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                      • viiinfinite

Ah... Sorry to rain on the parade but... I just noticed this weird issue with the stone tiles -- kind of surprised I didn't see it before. I can have a look at it in tIDE later to see if the icy stone uses a different tile on the sheet than the ordinary stone. Which do you prefer?
                                        winter_02.png

Also, thank you for putting up with my nosiness. I really did this so I can get wholly immersed in my game (which will be soon! I'm super pumped to finally start a proper save) and figured it wouldn't hurt to share, so I'm super relieved to not be chased away with like a pitchfork wielding mob or something equally horrifying. :p

Edit: Yup, those are different tiles alright. Good to know it wasn't anything game-breaking. >.<;
                                        Edit #2: I did fix the weird shadows; the pic is just older than that edit.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
                                        • taintedwheat

Yeah its the tiles used for the greenhouse/shrine ground. I used it to break up the textures of the bridge tiles we used on the patio ground as well, I carried it out to be under the doghouse too so I tried to make it cohesive enough since it was used anyway on the vanilla front. n.n i dont mind it. What i would like to do eventually when the map layout id said and done on both xnb and smapi front is like add holly berries, iciles and such on the hedge fence to carry that blue further n.n

I like it, its helpful!