Wizard and Linus at Spirit's Eve

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benevapwnz, Apr 21, 2016.

1. benevapwnz

benevapwnz Void-Bound Voyager

Soooo, I suppose you guys have already noticed that in Spirit's Eve, when we hover the mouse on Wizard and Linus, the chat bubble appears. Yet, it's impossible (at least apparently impossible) to reach them.
    What I am thinking is: can someone who know how to tweak around the game files find if there is any new or awesome secret conversation they speak on the festival?

I mean, I believe it's possible to do that, right?

• Tyken

Tyken Subatomic Cosmonaut

• benevapwnz

benevapwnz Void-Bound Voyager

Old friend? Waaaaaat
      And also, ty! Is this a mod, or somehow after some years pass they come down from the mountain?

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

• Tyken

Tyken Subatomic Cosmonaut

Guy used cheat engine, I believe? He also did it for all the other festivals but that's the only interesting one.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

Actually, I'm pretty sure I was able to talk to them on my FIRST year of spirit's eve (when they're near the entrance). But I think after that, they're on the mountain? Because I actually remember that dialogue and I'm not the type to mod or datamine or whatever.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Or at the least, a knowledgeable hermit with a mysterious past. He's either playing at being simple and easily frightened, or doing so for some reason. And given how intimidating the wizard likes to appear, putting on a simple-minded facade looks about right for Linus, seeing how he greets the wizard with ease in that sequence. I wonder if there's anything between him and the junimos? And the current state of the community center? Or even the strange temple room that was in Pierre's store/home before he purchased it?

The more you dig into this supposedly "simple" game, the more depth keeps appearing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
            • ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Linus is clearly the SV equivalent or Radagast the Brown.X3

• Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

Linus says that there are many secrets in the mine. Does that implies that he has explored it before?

WolfGT57 and ChaosAzeroth like this.
                • squidspeaker

squidspeaker Subatomic Cosmonaut

Linus is dumbledore confirmed

blackbishop likes this.
                  • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Hmm... It's implied that different characters have different levels of sensitivity to the magical aspects of the world. In a lot of fantasy settings, people who are more attuned to magic sometimes get mistaken for being 'insane' or a driven into it because of what they see/hear that other people don't. Rasmodius has an established pattern of interfering with people that are confronted with magic, and he also has visions that can be some what prophetic.

Maybe decades ago, Rasmodius had a vision about someone who needed help with learning to deal with magic, and that someone was Linus? Linus doesn't seem to be a magic users since Rasmodius has been looking for an apprentice, and if they know each other well enough for Linus to call Rasmodius an old friend it would seem like Linus would be his apprentice. Though it could be that if Linus is a magical druid, his magic could be incompatible with the methods Rasmodius uses.

Now I am super curious about how magic works according to SDV canon.

• Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

I maintain my own theory that he's a Daoist monk.

And he's trying to train the farmer to be one, too. :D