Dev Blog Witchmarsh Daily Update #94

Discussion in 'Developer Updates' started by Flapdoddle, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flapdoddle

Flapdoddle Witchmarsh Developer

Seasons greetings!

As you might have guessed, we're currently breaking for the festive season. I've been using my downtime to watch movies and chip away at things between festive activities. But to tell you the truth I've mostly just been sleeping.

Since my mini-hibernation, I've been building new content through blocking out environments, and populating them with loose event structures and cutscenes. Some of it looks a bit placeholder-y, but it'll take shape as Joe creates the missing assets.

Here's a look at one of the environments Joe made:
    [​IMG]

Holiday progress:
    - The Trapper, Bard and PI can now use several more of the available ranged weapons. Nearly all 8 (I think it's 8) currently playable investigators are now more-or-less fully functional in terms of weapons. Even though there are some monstrosities due to missing sprites - the Trapper fires darts out of her neck, for example.
    - Fixed some Scribe and Moose animation glitches.
    - 9 new environments imported in blocked-out form, linked up and populated with events, spawners, NPCs, etc.
    - Lots of play-testing in order to (hopefully) nail the pacing and dialogue.
    - 1 new (rough) cutscene.
    - 3 new readable book items.

Have a happy new year!

P.S. Big Kickstarter update in the works. I'm just getting the bones of it sketched out.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • BuddyJarrett

BuddyJarrett Tentacle Wrangler

Given the limited amount of space to work with, I know it's hard to create pixel art that looks great and unique at the same time. But I tell ya, ol' Joe pulls it off in every aspect. The limb structure on those trees, delicious.

Tsuruda, Captain Rage and Flapdoddle like this.
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.