Dev Blog Witchmarsh: Daily Update #16

Discussion in 'Developer Updates' started by Flapdoddle, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Flapdoddle

Flapdoddle Witchmarsh Developer

Hey everyone,

Lou here, taking over from Rob who's now on candlenights vacation. Today's been a busier-than-average day, mostly working on the levels (rooms) in GameMaker, linking things and adding content.

• Sand tiles: Joe added a particle effect to corner tiles which gives the impression of sand being blown in the wind.
    [​IMG]
    • Title screen selection order shuffled slightly to be more friendly for testing. Hitting the enter key multiple times now takes you straight into the game.
    • Bunch of new tiles added in preparation for a new area.
    • One large branching dialogue sequence remade in Rob's new script (which took up most of the day). Scene was expanded slightly with even more side-branches and player choice.
    • Some outlining work done on future cutscenes and dialogue branches.
    I'll be back Monday with another update.

Thanks for reading!

- Lou

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    • Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my god I can't believe I completely forgot Witchmarsh had a forum. I'm glad this project is still coming along amazingly well!

Captain Rage likes this.
      • Dahtay

Dahtay Void-Bound Voyager

Making a script to input dialogue/branches rather than having a writer write it, then having a programmer code it in, sounds like a HUGE time saver. Although my only semi-comperable experience is with coding similar things in powershell. Either way, the change sounds like it'll be good for us, and good for you =). Great job so far, guys and gals. The pixel art in this game is so beautiful it makes me want to scream in the fetal position until I can look at more of it. So great work! I'm very patiently, yet very, very eagerly, awaiting the final release. So don't give up, we're all rooting for you! <3

Tsuruda and Witch Cat like this.