1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Wiringtool range?!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Albussystems, Sep 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello,
    I searched for a bit now, but did not find anything related...

Since the Pleased Giraffe update my wiring is constantly being broken when i leave the wired thing and try to get the wire to another wired thing... That means i can't wire anything further away.....

Is that supposed to be like that? Is it because of performance?

I hope someone has an idea or solution!

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. Albussystems

How am i supposed to build something like this now...

elevator.jpg

Please can you give me back the:cry: range for the wiringtool?

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I noticed this too. I just realized though, maybe it has something to do with areas outside of the screen not being loaded. I'll see if the range is increased at a lower screen zoom later today.

4. Albussystems

Ok, so that is not supposed to be like that, yes?
    I really tried everything i could think of :(
    Let me know what happened
    Thanks

5. Korano25

Korano25 Space Hobo

- It happened to me but disappeared when I uninstalled and reinstalled, perhaps is some error during the update that fixes when you instal straight the new one.

6. Albussystems

I just made another clean install, but it is the same and nothing has changed...
    It really seems to be connected to a wiring object leaving the screen.

If you place a wire object, connect a wire to it and run in any direction away from it

when the object leaves the screen the connection is broken (mostly a little further after the object leaves the screen)

7. Albussystems

I am still not sure if that is supposed to be like that or if only some people have this problem?!

I would really be very thankful for "any" Forum Moderator or Gamedev, to just say yes or no to this...?!

I actually wanted to play this game again, but this ruins it for me again ("especially not knowing for sure")

Thanks

8. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Wires have had issues in the past with breaking across long distances, although some fixes were done for that a while back. You could always try to use one or more of the wiring logic blocks to cascade your signal to it's desired location (additionally, if you're connecting that many wires to a single point, you might just want to use the logic gates (AND / OR) right next to your inputs, chaining them together so that you only need to run a few (or just one) wire all the way up.

9. Albussystems

OK, so it is not supposed to be that way Thanks for making that clear. (always possible that the Gamedevs decide to shorten the range:)

On the other hand i already did what you said... All the wires are bundled, the wires going up are Sinks and Spouts and liquid-sensors, most of which have to be single.
    I had built it so no wires are useless, but i want to hide the machine! That's why it is so far away.

And i wont cascade all those down, only because there is another "new" bug with the wire. I know there were many problems with the wire, but i always hoped that it would get fixed, as i do now.

The very strange thing is, that i managed to load a rampaging Koala world in Pleased Giraffe and all the wires you see on the picture, were still there and stay.....?! But the new wire can't be drawn...

So it must have to do with the new giraffe build.
    The wiring worked nicely in rampaging Koala.

Thanks again @Dunto

10. Dunto

Dunto Guest

When the wiring was fixed I believe there were some changes to the code that saves/loads them, so if you're loading an old world with wiring nodes tied together under the old system I suggest you remove ALL connections and do them over to see if you still have issues after that.

11. Albussystems

I am not sure what you mean by "was fixed", because as i said the wiring in Rampaging Koala worked well and now it is broken again :)

As i said: It is not possible to place the wires again, because of the "new" bug, which breaks the wires as soon as the object leaves the screen... How am i supposed to place them again?^^

And even more important is the fact, that the old, remaining wires still work perfectly! I just can't place "new - long" ones.

Before my World was lost, i made it work again, and i was happy the wires still were there!

The bug persists on any "new" - Pleased giraffe world, so i am sure the Pleased Giraffe wiringcode is the problem.

@Dunto if you have the time, please try what i explained further up and see for your self :)
    (If you do, please let me know what happened)

Thanks

12. Albussystems

Well... now i did what you asked @Dunto, i started to play on a Server and tried to build my waterelevators as you said and cascaded the Wires down....

And gues what: It worked, but the wired objects behave very strangely...

All the doors i use as a Water inlet, open and close at random for a millisecond... ( I will post Pics and maybe a vid of that soon)

I also want to point out, that the Server is completely Mod free, as well as i am, so that cannot be the problem either.

So i beg of you CFs, please, please fix the wiring!!! It is Broken!!!

13. Albussystems

Here is the vid:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.