1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Wiring, please help xD (open door from outside, close from inside)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by davoker, Apr 9, 2020.

1. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Hello, to see if anyone can help me, I have put a fingerprint to open a door "from the outside", and I want to close the door from the inside, the NPCs cannot open doors that use a fingerprint, but the problem is that if I put 2 fingerprint connected to the same door (one inside and one outside), only one of the two works, I just want something as simple as opening from the outside and closing from the inside, and being able to open from the inside to exit and close again.

It can't be that difficult, because I can't get it to work, I've tried using XOR connectors etc, but I don't know how this works, I've literally been testing things for hours, with no results xD

Any help please?

Ok it is solved, in the Discord they explained to me how and it works wonderfully:

wire Fingerprint Scanner 1 to a NOT gate, and wire the NOT to an XOR. wire Scanner 2 to the XOR, and the XOR to the door

:nuruhype:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@davoker Please note that stacking posts is not allowed. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.