1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Wipe!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Harley Jones, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley Jones

Harley Jones Tentacle Wrangler

So the Wipe just happened, And I lost everything!. So if i continue playing again, Will it wipe again? or can i finally play?

2. Pawtendo

Pawtendo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably

Harley Jones likes this.
  3. Harley Jones

Man... this is gonna be kinda frustrating

4. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

Its Stage 1, Tiy said, that this stage should NOT be used to "Play", ONLY for bug testing, or messing around, as wipes are common for stage 1, so you cont complain :)

5. Hobo17

Hobo17 Space Hobo

Yes, it is highly likely to wipe again as has been stated several times. Pretty unfortunate but I can understand why. Would be good if they added conversion from old to new but sometimes the updates are just too different and then that also adds a large amount of work to development and at this stage of Beta (Once again, Beta) this is to be expected.

Source: http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/

6. SethKipz

SethKipz Aquatic Astronaut

It amazes me how many of these worthless threads are popping up now considering how many of these worthless threads popped up before the update.

Harley Jones likes this.
  7. Harley Jones

DNY-O-MYTE

8. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Seal Broken

boom

Harley Jones likes this.
  9. I hope you bought some good toilet paper, 'cause you need to be prepared for frequent wiping.

Inco likes this.
  10. Blue

Blue Former Staff

This is a quote from an earlier thread by Tiy.

[​IMG]

Progenitor

Stage 1 will be move at a breakneck speed. This will be the buggiest and busiest stage of the beta. A bunch of unfinished features will be disabled whilst we finish them up. Updates will come thick and fast, sometimes as often as multiple updates a day.

If you choose to take part during stage 1 you should expect bugs, lots of balance changes, you shouldn’t get too attached to your character or universe as we may make changes that require you to start from scratch. You should expect the game to be broken at points as we make sweeping changes but you’ll get to enjoy exciting new content added constantly. The engine won’t optimized during this stage of the beta so performance could be poor on some low end machines.

You’ll get to see a bunch of ‘behind the scenes’ content at this stage and provide feedback during this crucial period.

DO take part in this stage if:

- You enjoy testing buggy and unfinished code

- You enjoy providing feedback

- You want to leave your mark on the game

- You just can’t wait any longer

DO NOT take part in this stage if:

- Bugs infuriate you

- You don’t like spoilers

- You can’t stand losing your save

- You want the full Starbound ‘experience’ the first time you play.

----------------------------------------

With that in mind. I am locking this thread.

blueokapi12 and Harley Jones like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.