1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Sorry to double post, but if anyone here adds me on Steam as a friend, please message me and identify yourself. I never add people I don't know, or those who don't send me any kind of message and just add me. I'm old fashioned that way x_x

2. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie updated WIP: The Viera of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Fixing a major muck-up

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Rizki29

Rizki29 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How to spawn the vierra tenant i already have house for em

4. AmazonValkyrie

You'll need to fill their home with Viera objects, and purchase one of the gender and racial items from Nanzie's shop. Once all that is placed, put a deed in and a Viera will spawn. If you don't care about the gender or which Viera race, just placing Viera objects and a colony deed in should spawn a completely randomized Viera.

I'm aiming to perfect the Viera tenant system shortly as well, but this is how it currently is setup.

5. Rizki29

Rizki29 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I already put the viera object no gender object yet but the one who spawn is glitch tenant

6. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  7. AmazonValkyrie

I do >_< lol Or at least people to test right when I release an update. Things just keep slipping by -_-

8. Milly Rainbowskittlez

-giggles- You should see about getting a beta testing squad

9. AmazonValkyrie

I tried before but only got one responder before lol. Are you interested?

10. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Reeeally? D: how lame is that >:T
    Well i might be able too. Will need to uninstall all my mods and stuffs... but im not really doing much with starbound so its no big deal i suppose :3

11. AmazonValkyrie

Quick recap for today's progress:

Added eighteen new dark skin tone shades and thirteen new feol, light skin tones today, as per a player's suggestion. Also working at quickly reworking the tenant system with an idea I have. Since it's a very quick shift I feel confident in setting this up right now.

It would probably be beneficial for a multi mod user to test since I do have to worry about compatibility, and I myself don't really use many mods at all besides my own so I never catch any problems unless people tell me x_x I don't have anything major to test right now, but feel free to sort through the mod as it stands through play and any and all feedback is very valuable. I honestly don't play much besides testing O_O I never thought I'd say that lol.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  12. GamingWolfGod

GamingWolfGod Big Damn Hero

Nice mod. Have you put the Diamond Sword and Crossbow in yet? If you have then they don't seem to want to spawn with new characters for me.

13. AmazonValkyrie

Today's Recap:

Viera tenant system rework proceeds successfully! I had run into an issue that was causing some crashes when spawn testing the new Viera villagers/tenants, but now it is fixed :zzz: For a long time I had run into the question of "how do I force the game to spawn only females?" Moreover it was important that I was able to choose which sub-species of Viera spawns. I recently realized how I could finally achieve this via the species files for non playable races. Those of you who know the Viera of FF lore, know that the females live apart from the males, and only one male has ever been seen in any game. Now I can more easily manage to maintain the lore. I can't wait to finish this up so that I can update it for you all ^_^ It should also be easier to spawn certain Viera tenants, and will be more simplistic without the need for the gender objects in conjunction with the racial ones and a colony deed.

The females also properly spawn with the proper vocal sound. I patched the base.npctype.patch to allow this, and am currently testing it by using several race mods and FU. Previously when I tried patching this file it was causing some errors, and silencing races, but this time it doesn't seem to be the case. I may request a few other testers before this build is set forward just to fully ensure there are no problems. If anyone is interested please let me know here!

The weapons have been removed for now, but proper weaponry will be on it's way once I can wrap up the ship and other current goals.

Durallis likes this.
  14. AmazonValkyrie

Today's recap:

The simplified tenant setup for Viera has been tested and is working properly and well! Viera villagers and guard tenants now also speak the dialog they were setup with (this wasn't working before, though lines and lines of dialog were written back when the original tenants were setup). I need to do a bit more testing with the guards but all is well so far! Can't wait to finish up testing and upload it for you all!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Durallis likes this.
  15. AmazonValkyrie

Recent Recap:

The guard tenants required a few workarounds to get them working as intended but they're now spawning and functioning properly. I may go through and tweak their weaponry, as well as remove *some* hairstyles from the villager/guard spawn pool for posterity. The tenants don't have new armors as of yet, and the gold guard armor used before is now replaced with Wood Warder's gear. This gear set seemed proper since the Wood Warders of Viera lore protect the Wood. Their gear set will receive a visual update in the future and I will also create some additional looks for them as well as the villagers.

In other news work on the ship continues. I'm reworking my original design for the outside and using elements from several more Ivalice ships from XII. One idea I'm heavily pulling from is the ship the Queen Hilda. Those of you who played Final Fantasy II know that the Queen Hilda vessel in XII is named for Princess/Queen Hilda from the main story of II. It also looks as if her general color scheme was used in choosing the colors for the ship named for her in Final Fantasy XII. I'm aiming to use this same theme of naming the Viera ship for a previous FF character in the series and I believe I may have decided, though I may not use her color scheme as much as a basis for the outward appearance of the ship. It's still kind of up in the air as I'm slowly piecing the ship together overall. The name I'm thinking of going with is the Queen Lenna. Lenna is a royal figure from Final Fantasy V, who becomes swept up in the overall plot and is a party member from nearly the beginning to the end (if I remember correctly). I won't give any plot spoilers, but at the end of the story she and her sister jointly rule their homeland as Queen in the inevitable all-is-well again wrap-up. As she was one of my favorites while playing that, I also felt that she would be a good fit for a namesake, and certainly worthy. I'm trying to figure out what else I'd like to pull from the theme to work into the ship's design (outward and any further needed objects).

In all honesty I've felt a great deal of pressure to complete the ship. Not from any of you, but from myself and my own expectations. I know that in order for the ship to stand out and be liked by anyone playing the race, it must be unique in many ways, and breathtaking to look at the details and animations. For myself, it must look like a functional vessel and feel like it's something you're travelling a long distance in. It has to be warm and inviting but also customizable, and it must be a place that players want to be within, and I must push to do things that others have not done or thought of before to really make it a beautiful addition. When I have this completed, there will be a weight lifted as I'll be able to return my focus back to the other areas that are in dire need of content additions: settlements, gear, and crafting. I'm very much anticipating clearing this jump so that I can move onto the rest, and I'm very happy to know that you all support my work. If there are any further suggestions regarding the ship and what you'd like to see, please respond here and let me know. I'll consider almost anything ^_^

Guilmonex, Durallis and sigint like this.
  16. AmazonValkyrie

Recent Progress Recap:

I'm about to post a new update featuring the change to Viera tenants, and the additional skin tones for characters. Before I do so I am working to update all my mod page imagery to reflect the mod's current state and future goals for it. This kinda thing tends to take me a while as I really want to create a great and informational layout for new and returning players. More on all this soon!

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  17. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

Always good to hear from you, Valkyrie. Looking forward to the imagery, I know it'll put a much clearer idea in some folk's heads as to what you're doing and whet their appetite's a bit.

18. Milly Rainbowskittlez

oh geeze. You should totally play more >:V
    in either case, if you need anything specific tested, im totally ready to pounce on that. I'll probably see about plopping it into my game to see how nicely it plays with your cutie buns :3 We may even use some of the stuff for construction X3 We're working on a sprawling city thing at the moment :3

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  19. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie updated WIP: The Viera of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Rework to original Tenants system and a few extras

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. AmazonValkyrie

I just uploaded a version of my recent build, if you wouldn't mind testing!

On a side note, if anybody wants to play through Starbound with me soon, add me on Steam and I'd be happy to play the current build with other players! I rarely sit down and play the game to do anything more than test, so it'd be refreshing.