1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

WHOA, I ain't gonna install this.. This looks too advanced for me and the only final fantasy game I ever played was 15 :speechless:

2. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Thanks a bunch for letting me know! I'll get it fixed. Much appreciated ^_^

notanaccount2 likes this.
  3. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

I needed to delete my existing Viera's shipworld before it all worked properly again (until I did that, there was an invisible wall in the place of the old door, so I couldn't get to the cockpit) so you might want to add a warning to that effect.

Other than that, holy crap the new stuff looks damn good. I may have had to delete my shipworld but it was worth it.

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  4. AmazonValkyrie

Sorry about that! I tested it on a few of my characters and had no issue, but this problem was reported earlier today by another player x_x I do need to post a warning about this, as I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Thanks, I'm so glad you like it!

5. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Wow, love what you've done so far! :nuruawe:

6. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

I had to make a few clones to handle all the hype of seeing the update launch... sadly, I am all out of clones, and my device exploded from the heavy workload... didn't need that garage anyway.

TO SPACE MY VIERAN BRETHREN!

7. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

I;m curious out of the question from the final fantasy tatics series what is your favorite viera class? Mine is both elementalist and summoner. ( i just love their cute horned helmet)

8. AmazonValkyrie

I'd have to say it's a toss up between Red Mage, Summoner, and Elementalist. I tend to prefer magic using classes a lot! Plus I also love the look of those job outfits!

Senpai Deviljo likes this.
  9. Senpai Deviljo

i wish they had a blue mage viera. i really want to have one learn the lamina kiss move but they never had a blue mage viera :c. assassian i like but i always felt they was too tryhard in battle since i can insta-kill people with her.

10. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

11. AmazonValkyrie

:-D

I've been working pretty quickly putting together the innards of the ship so far, but I'm unsure as to how long it'll all take. I've made several more of the ship's objects recently. The fuel panel is based on the crystal chalice from the first FF Crystal Chronicles and has a custom UI ^_^ I haven't been able to force it to accept *only* Magicite as it's fuel, but that's a minor short coming. I can't wait until I have something more substantial to show you all!

12. Milly Rainbowskittlez

i cant remember if it was answered way back,
    but will it be compatible with tier 9 ships? (which seems to now go up to tier 10.. and i think maybe working towards 11 now?)

Mind you this isnt any pressure to change designs or anything. I understand when you get a good final chassis for the ship, and cant really think of any logical way to expand it beyond what it is.

Also any idea on what youll be pushing for? In my opinion the Ivalice airships would work rather well in space design, though there were a couple of gems in the previous games, like the Invincible from 9, or Ragnarok from 8.

13. AmazonValkyrie

That I haven't thought about x_x It would certainly make for one big ship, but it does affect the overall design in terms of space. I'll consider it when I solidify the entire room setup from tier to tier.

My original design was a mesh between Ivalice airships and the classic FF airship, with some aesthetic inspirations from Jabba's Sail barge in Return of the Jedi (mainly the canopy and the elongated look). I'm reworking it again as I'm playing through XII and seeing the ships in motion. I want it to look more in line with the ships of Ivalice, and there are many aspects from those ships that I would like to incorporate. I mainly want to ensure I make everyone (including myself) happy, which is difficult. I've been basing a good bit of the interior off of the Strahl so far. I know I have the freedom of no Viera designed ships ever being a thing, or seen at all in any previous titles, but I do want to ensure it all fits into the universe it's coming from.

One feature that I've definitely solidified is the cockpit. I wanted it to be very elegant, and interesting. The cockpit has a huge viewport and is located in the lower front portion of the ship for viewing the planets below, and it's split level. I got the idea from the Highwind from VII, and from Victorian designs for airships! Tier one is rather spacious in comparison to the vanilla ships, and has the large cockpit area, an area to accomodate the two companions that characters can recruit from the beginning, a wash room, and the captain's room. I know it sounds like a lot to start, but I just keep thinking about the fact that if a person were to stumble upon a ship, it would obviously be outfitted at least somewhat decently on the inside and not a barren set of three rooms strung together. No offense to the vanilla setup, but it just lacks character and back story. Honestly, I'm imagining that the Viera ship doesn't belong to the player character, but is owned by someone else and is offered up to the player. I wanna keep hush hush on this a bit, as secrets can serve as great surprises :p Though it's something that won't get ironed out for a bit.

The Ragnarok and the Invincible are incredible designs! I love how the Invincible looks like it was definitely designed by Amano! I also love it's use of color.

Are there any suggestions as far as some aesthetics or features for the ship you all might enjoy seeing? I enjoy making references to other games from the FF series, but if there's anything specific for the ship from Ivalice that anyone would love to see, I'm open to anything!

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  14. Milly Rainbowskittlez

I definitely agree the the terms of the vanilla ships. I feel like even now everything thats there still feels a bit bare bones and empty. i think maybe that was on purpose though since in a way it forces you to think up what you want to do with the space instead of having predetermined areas.. But stilll... Even the Felin's ship has a beanbag chair and a lava lamp >:T

FF9 had the best of the best when it came to airships, and the only thing it was missing was the Ragnarok from 8. The highwind was pretty neat too, but i still feel like they did so much more with all the airships that they had in 9. So many designs paying homage to the older games, but also so many designs paying homage to the various cultures around the world. Its honestly why that game is definitely up in my list of favorite ff games ( 6 is still the top... then 10.. then 8/9. though if im allowed to, id probably say that if it werent for disc 4 in 9, itd be a pretty close tie with 6.)

Design things.... Welll... Homage to 4 is required! I think that game was the first game that really brought life to the airships, and i distinctly remember a scene where the giant crystal was stolen which pretty much screwed the ship out of its main power source. So. Engine room with a giant glowey crystal!
    Also battle stations! No one every puts proper battle stations in any of their ships, and its just disappointing >:T
    I also feel like the teleporter rooms should be more showey and ornate.. and bigger than what starbound does. I wouldnt be against having just the pad in this case too, so long as the background is nice.

In the larger tiers i think there should be a mechbay too, with a magitech mech in the background.

Speaking of backgrounds~ The ships backdrop background (the background behind the ship walls.. usually a dark mesh of pipes and gizmos and such thats visible after you tear down your background walls) those should be editable and removable. I personally greatly encourage exploring this avenue since theres so much that could be done with that, and literally no ones done it. I think a mix between entirely backdropless rooms and custom backdrops would be very nice. Backdropless rooms for more freedom when it comes to windows and such. You could also abuse them to make the rooms really feel bigger too, like the engine room i mentioned earlier :3

15. AmazonValkyrie

Speaking of airships and VI:

[​IMG]

I'll respond fully when I get home to my pc. Love your ideas!

16. AmazonValkyrie

I must play IX some day soon. It was definitely a throwback to the original days of FF. The airships in it really look gorgeous!

IV was also the first and possibly only one to have an airship that could travel into space! The Lunar Whale, I believe? A few people have mentioned an engine room, and I'll see if I can squeeze one in from the start, or at the very least create something visible from the start that enlarges in following tiers. Battle stations are definitely a great idea too, even if it's just for show! I've been wondering what sort of weapons a Viera built ship would have. I'm sure I can come up with something interesting, but again if you have any ideas feel free to share ^_^

I thought about making the teleporter room more ornate, however in my design I have it connected to the elaborate cockpit I've been cooking up. I've got the idea that I'm going to use the way stone design from XII to create the teleporter.

A mech bay is definitely on my list!

I like your idea of mixing backdropless with custom backdrops for the ship. I played with the idea of doing something original, but I think I'll definitely do it now!

Let me know if you or anyone else has any more ideas!

17. Senpai Deviljo

For me it have to be FFIV for the best ship. Plus i love that game theme music. The battle of the four demons and the moon base theme. <3

edit: FFVIII had a good ship theme if you can call it a ship.

18. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

I was partial to Setzer's ship from FFVI myself.. say what you want, but that man knew his priorities. Long time stuck on a floatin boat? Better have some entertainment.

19. Senpai Deviljo

Of all the FF i played i never played FFV sadly.

20. AmazonValkyrie

V is a really great game! I feel like it was their first expansive use of the job system that still draws from V today! Plus it has a lot of memorable music and moments, such as Gilgamesh's (first? I believe) appearance, with the fantastic song "Battle on the Big Bridge." I feel like V is a great starter game for anyone who might never have played a FF title before.