1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Yes, here it is:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/tatltael-cursor.2578/

I already have the Navi cursor sprite made (my own version of course) since I used different blue colors than the original mod author did. I also already have cursor sprites made for Ciela, Leaf, and Neri already! I am just waiting to see what goes good together in a mod pack. I think 2 fairies (one for default and one for search cursor) for each cursor mod pack sounds pretty good. Also Zelda fans ftw! :cool:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

@AmazonValkyrie Also I just made a Red Loftwing cursor mod made from scratch since no pixel art exists so, I am the first to make pixel art for it as far as I know. I added Navi as the search cursor to the Red Loftwing cursor mod. I had to make something from Skyward Sword and I love the loftwings so I think it turned out great imo. I made a mod pack with both TatlTael and Red Loftwing cursor mods. I hope you enjoy them!

3. TesserakT

TesserakT Phantasmal Quasar

I totally spaced and forgot that I mentioned I was going to be making Balthier since I use this mod so often... Well, I finished it hella long ago, just forgot to actually post anything on it. Booyah.

Balthier.png

I love the mod, just got around to re-installing it after the update. Still haven't checked out everything it has to offer just yet, though!

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  4. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Yes! I remember you saying that you were making him, and he looks great! I really hope you're enjoying the new update to the mod; another update is on its way ^_^

5. TesserakT

Mos def. There's a ton of new stuff since the last version I played, and hopefully when I can get a chance to explore the mod to its fullest I'll see it all firsthand. :D

Maybe i'll finally force myself to learn how to make a mod functional so I can let others use my creations... Seems like a lot of code-y type stuff, though. I don't speak computer.

6. AmazonValkyrie

Modding this game is easier than Ya think! I had no prior coding experience and I was able to figure a decent amount out, with the help of my bf. Its good to download other's mod's and learn from them, honestly. It's definitely one of those things where if Ya sit down with it and get one thing to work, you can then figure out more and more, and there's certainly a vast amount of detailed tutorials and help that this community gives when Ya need it. Always keep in mind that anything is possible ^_^ If it can be imagined, it can also be actualized.

7. TesserakT

You're probably right, and I'm just letting myself get daunted by a task that isn't as difficult as I'm making it in my head. Alas, I have no bf to help me with such things, so I doubt it'd be as easy... or as interesting. I'll give a look for a tut and see what it's gonna take.

8. AmazonValkyrie

So I'm debating the necessity and popularity of the male Viera in this mod. I know that they do exist, but there's only been one generic depiction of a male Viera in one of the FF Tactics games. Nevertheless I haven't put much work into content for them, mainly because Id rather focus on the females since they are the ones who have been mainly depicted and made the race so popular. Also because I'll have to completely generate a distinct, notable look for the males. Anyway, I'm not sure I'd wanna cut them out of the mod, but I know that I won't even begin working on content for them until further down the road anyhow. Any thoughts?

9. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I think if you're not up to it then you shouldn't worry about it for now. I think male viera not being around or can't easily be found are more interesting and mysterious. I am not saying I don't like them, but I think of them being the last of their kind somewhere out in the world. How about making a small chance a male populated viera village has a chance to spawn on one of your new planets? I think that would be a cool idea down the road! I will say I <3 this mod and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

10. TesserakT

The females are the more popular, imo, and I personally wouldn't mourn the loss of the males entirely from the mod. Though, I also know that some enjoy the ability to take the reigns of a male Viera since it's not really possible in other scenarios. Still, i'd wager most just see viera as a female-only race even if they know it technically isn't. I'd say males getting ANY love whatsoever is "bonus" and not entirely necessary. That's just my opinion, obviously =]

L3W and AmazonValkyrie like this.
  11. AmazonValkyrie

Yeah, I feel like I should keep them too. I'll probably save their content for last though, unless I make their gears closely similar to the females (i.e. change the chest files only lol) at least as place holders.

I'm shooting to update again today so long as I hit my goals! Furniture is coming along quickly and nicely, and I want to fix some more issues (especially the starter weapon >_<). Once this update is posted, I can finally get cracking on the air ship errrm SHIP :p Subtle hint, i know....I'm so damn excited about the ship though UGHGHGHGH.

L3W likes this.
  12. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Ooooh I hope more tier armor is on the way! ;)

13. TesserakT

omfg airship doe. I've been bangin my head trying to figure out what to do to make a custom ship. I REALLY want to make the Strahl for my Fran/Balthier duo.

14. AmazonValkyrie

No new tier armor yet >_< Building the ship is gonna take up a hefty amount of time, but I wanna get back to armors once that's completed. I've got designs for two more tier armor sets that I haven't crafted yet too![DOUBLEPOST=1423508049][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeahhh the Strahl was my first choice for a Viera ship, but I opted to go for something custom designed for the Viera, mainly to fit the story I'm conjuring for why they fled Ivalice. I really wanted something that the Viera would've designed themselves with the aid of the Wood. Crafting the ship is going to be one hell of a learning experience though >_<

15. AmazonValkyrie

So I haven't met my goal for today yet >_< Perhaps the update will be ready tomorrow. My holdup is I'm trying to add paint tool functionality to change the colors of the furniture fabrics at will, which entails a decent amount of recoloring. I'll keep y'all posted!

16. TesserakT

Maleviera.png

So i made myself a male Viera. Yep, i'd miss him if he were gone.

L3W and AmazonValkyrie like this.
  17. AmazonValkyrie

He's so cute! Is that part of one of the outfits from FFXIII-2? It's looks great ^_^ Ok, they'll stay, it's just probably gonna be a while before I get to their content >_< I haaaaaad almost finished their tier one version a while back though. Armors tend to take me an entire day of work, sometimes a day and a half, so that's why I've been lacking in that department so I can focus on other assets for the time being.

Anyway, sorry there's no update yet. I keep thinking of assets to make and a lot of this stuff (like lighting and certain animations) I'm learning as I go.

Also I have a minor surprise in store that I wanna make time for. At the latest expect the update this weekend.

18. TesserakT

Yes, I made an outfit for Noel Kriess. next.png

19. AmazonValkyrie

Ugh, I couldn't for the Life of me remember his name, but I knew it was him! Great job on that ^_^ I've regretfully played so little of of XIII-2 >_<

20. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

So, I am really excited about the ship you are working on, but that means I will have to take the furniture, delete my old ship, install the new one, and rewire the whole thing.. A LOT of wires and I not even done wiring either haha!
    Don't worry I haven't either. I stopped playing the series after XII (I may get back into FF with FFXV). Not like I dislike XII though when I love it to bits (I think it is underrated imo). I like Ivalice a lot since it is the most lore intense imo. Also the Viera race which I love both the elegant females and the mysterious and interesting males! Also honorable mention Fran and Balthier are just so awesome! I was kind of wishing they would give you quests as quest givers to go into a dungeon or something and get a treasure for them.. I am hoping for interesting quests like that down the road! <3