1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

I'm so glad you're enjoying what I've created! More content is on it's way ^_^

2. LinderArcher15

LinderArcher15 Void-Bound Voyager

so this mod looks cool, but i appear to be having difficulties making it work. Now i'm new to this so bear with me please. I download the file and it comes as a .rar file on a word document. based on the other mods i've gotten this seems wrong... am i doing something wrong? i can add more details if you just tell me what else to say, i just want to see this mod work for me :(

3. AmazonValkyrie

It comes as a .rar and you open that up with winzip or winrar and extract the contents of the .rar into your mods directory.

4. AmazonValkyrie

So sorry for the lack of a content update. I'm trying to pack a lot into one update so y'all have a lot to play with when it comes. I've finished the Elementalist outfit, along with a new starter outfit! I've got three more outfits to wrap up for the update (two more job outfits and one last female starter outfit), more weapons for their respective job, and a major change that may or may not affect your current characters: I'm adding multiple ear shapes but they'll be attached to the hairstyles. It's going to give you more variety in the long run, so I hope it will be worth it to you all. I'm thinking ambitiously, but I'd really also like to fabricate the ship as well, and a few crafting tables, but we'll see. I won't let you down ^_^

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  5. AmazonValkyrie

If the stars align properly, there will be a content/patch update tonight! I haven't been as productive lately as usual thanks to a certain Star Wars MMO.

6. NekoMatsuo

NekoMatsuo Void-Bound Voyager

Fran helm, plox D; Or else I will cry :< You have Fran's armor set, without the helmet :I

Also this

[​IMG]

7. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Nice mod. :)

8. AmazonValkyrie

lol Fran's helmet is in the Tier One armor set, along with the chest and legs :p

9. AmazonValkyrie

I'm back on the train, guys. After a long period of zero updates, one is finally coming your way, with three job outfits for y'all to play with! How soon, you ask? Well....today! Thanks for the continued interest, everyone. Your support and messages have meant a lot :) Love to you all!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Karmel likes this.
  10. Karmel

Karmel Void-Bound Voyager

Cant wait~

11. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie updated WIP: The Viera Race of Ivalice with a new update entry:

New outfits!

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Karmel

Haah the elementist outfit is lovely, good work~

also this might be an issue with the current nightlys, but it seems the new optimized systems cut down on item id ranges, haven't tested it with this mod yet but its something that might be useful to keep in mind for the future~

13. AmazonValkyrie

Figured I'd chime in with a snippet of what I'm currently working on! I finally satisfied myself with my design for the Viera silver armor (left armor design in image below). I'm really digging the silver/amethyst combination in the coloring. I pulled that same pairing into the winged helmet by making the plumes of the helmet a gradient of violet to bring the whole outfit together. Although I couldn't decide whether I wanted to allow hair to show through, I think I'm going to have hair visible in the back. Let me know how you all like it, as it is a design of my own!

Along with the silver armor, I did a mock-up sprite for the archer job outfit. It's one of my favorite job outfit designs, so I had to jump to that one.

What job outfit would you guys like to see next?

[​IMG]

14. Karmel

red mage for sure once you finish those two~

15. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

I LOVE THIS MOD. The veria race is so much better then the new race old ff tatics 4 lyfe

16. AmazonValkyrie

Working at updating the files to unstable, and editing existing assets ^_^

17. AmazonValkyrie

Viera mod files successfully updated to Upbeat Giraffe, and silver armor completed! Sifting through my earlier pixel work for this mod and updating/touching up hairstyles & armors. Expect the update soon ^_^

18. jebus_rette_mich

jebus_rette_mich Void-Bound Voyager

I can hardly wait for it!
    little suggestion: what about a mogry for S.A.I.L ?

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  19. AmazonValkyrie

I thought about using another race as the S.A.I.L., mainly because I played with the idea of the Viera fleeing Ivalice on stolen Dalmascan vessels, or aboard the Strahl, but then I felt like that would take away from the ability to create a ship that's race specific for them. If they built ships to leave Ivalice, they'd certainly find a way to bring their beloved "Wood" Mother with them, so I think I might make their S.A.I.L be the spirit of the Wood, as if part of Her essence were contained in every vessel.

With that said though, I'm totally for the idea of bringing other Ivalice races into the mod, perhaps as NPCs who provide quests, or sell useful items. I'm still brainstorming with that though. It would be incredible if there were a companion AI in place, to make use of other races!

20. AmazonValkyrie

Viera S.A.I.L. complete! Working on several more surprises before I release the new update, which will probably take *at least* a few more days for me to complete. I'm all giddy just thinkin' about it ^_^ It *will* be worth the wait!