Modding Discussion [WIP]Starbound Item Creation Program

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by WeaselOfDeath, Dec 9, 2013.

1. WeaselOfDeath

WeaselOfDeath Void-Bound Voyager

This project has been scrapped. A new user named "Goddish" is taking over/starting new. Feel free to direct any questions towards him. When he has posted a link to his project I will post it here for everyone to be directed to. Good luck, man!

UPDATE: Goddish has given me a link to his thread with an amazing program going now. Please check out his thread for everything you wish you had!

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/starbound-iron-anvil.71944/

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

This'll simplify the most basic modding tasks. Much appreciated.

3. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

I approve. A small thing though, any chance of making "anvil or crafting table?" blank so we can enter it ourselves? Would make it compatible with custom crafting tables.

Kyyrbes likes this.
  4. WeaselOfDeath

I could do that. Maybe I will have an option for "Other" so that you can enter your own.

5. Goldragon227

Goldragon227 Big Damn Hero

This will make my future project much easier to do. I look forward to your progress.

6. Magma Claw

Magma Claw Existential Complex

Downloads :p?

Cyanogen101 likes this.
  7. Cyanogen101

Cyanogen101 Void-Bound Voyager

He is still working on it, and he will have to rewrite some of it with new update replacing arkour and stuff

8. WeaselOfDeath

It's not even close to being done. It wont generate anything yet. I have yet to set up the file systems.

On a positive note. I added in a raw code tab to check out how the code will look.

[​IMG]
    Using the "bubblegun" template for now while I add in features.

9. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

... I wont even comment. Okay guys, I retire as Starbound modder.

10. WeaselOfDeath

Yeah. The way the level(armor pen) system is changing I will have to edit the program.

11. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Why is this? This'll only make you able to create easy items anyway. I already had it multiple times that I needed to create several items that were similar to each other. I could create them with this and edit them later on which would be less time consuming.

Why the hate? It makes stuff more convienent, and probably won't be able to create the more complex stuff anyway.

12. Voidnaut

Voidnaut Big Damn Hero

Well, it's a big world out there. Good luck!

13. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

That's why. I really want to see people innovating. But with a tool like that, it seems they wont.

One thing I want to see and it will be like impossible to do with this tool - a great mod.

14. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

With how easy modding is right now, if people are using this to make their full mods, they probably wouldn't make anything more interesting without this either. What it can still do, is making even those large scale and creative mods somewhat less tedious to produce, atleast small parts of it. There's no reason to be so hostile about this.

15. Voidnaut

Voidnaut Big Damn Hero

You've made a pickaxe and a fuel can. I think you can retire with your head held high.

This means you'll stop shitting all over other people's work, right? Just chilling out on your mountain of accomplishments, but, you know, quietly.

16. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

I'm not being hostile, just expressing my oppinion.

17. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

You want me to argue with you, don't you? I am trying to be peaceful here, not being hostile, but then you keep saying shit about my oppinion.

18. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

And, at least, I did 4 mods for Starbound, while you did nothing and keep talking shit about a guy who is just expressing his oppinion, peacefully.

19. WeaselOfDeath

Let's stop all of this now. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. He can not like this if he wants.

My main reason for making this was just to test some things out. I'm no expert at programming and so I wanted to see if I could do this.

20. Junion

Junion Subatomic Cosmonaut

You're tone in here has not been peaceful, it's been angry and forceful the entire time.

Oh no, someone made it easy to create items...welp I'm taking my ball and going home!

Welp..with an attitude like that we arn't missing much.

Ronnys likes this.