Building/Ship [WIP] Planet-City of Veris - Planetary Transport Center

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Pedro Falcão, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

The whole planet is still a work in progress, but since this major structure is pretty much done, I thought it was worth sharing. This is supposed to be where all skyrail lines in the planet meet. Underground is the main subway line, 18 blocks tall and 6000 blocks wide (planet-wide). The skyrails lines themselves are not finished because there aren't any destinations built, yet, but I plan to build at least 7 lines. The design is kinda bland yet (I just finished building it, didn't have time to polish), so I'd appreciate some suggestions to make it look better without messing with it too much.

Only mod used was the Extra Zoom Levels, although I heavily abused the /admin mode to spawn blocks. Used platforms as scaffolding and dirt as rulers to maintain symmetry. Didn't count, but I probably spent around 2 hours for the transport center and 8 hours at the subway along 3 days (See those support columns there? There's one every exact 8 blocks. The lights? 375 in total, all placed manually).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other works of mine:

PS.: Yeah, I am aware that skyrails are broken, in the stable version, but I like them anyway and I can wait for their fix to be able to do a complete tour around the planet.

Yoseiri and jakecool19 like this.