Modding Discussion [WIP] Hollis' Static Items/Objects Add-On Pack

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by hollisb, Dec 11, 2013.

1. hollisb

hollisb Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all, I have recently taken it upon myself to learn how to mess with the files in the assets folder, as i'm sure a lot of you have! I will be continuing to make static and possibly usable objects for your enjoyment when I have the time to do so!

In all honestly, this is my first time modding any game, so I thought I would come in here and introduce myself and show you what i've been working on. My name is Hollis and i'm a 23 year old dude living in the USA. I'm an avid gamer and new to pixel art (so be nice please!).

I just learned how to edit the files a few hours ago, but I did manage to come up with some objects that you can test out if you're interested.

I should note that the recipes for crafting these items are bound to change, the current recipes are just for testing purposes.

Two desks with desktop PC's and a monitor
    A Playstation 3
    A Coffee Maker
    A Boombox on a Table
    A Standing Fan
    An Animated Fan (Took me long enough...)

and
    A Bong

Screenshot of items in game:
    http://i.imgur.com/588GGbm.jpg

Download:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/86/?

INSTALLATION:

Sorry I didn't use the mod folder method, as I said, i'm pretty new to this.

Just drag and drop the folder and file in the .rar file into your "Starbound/assets" folder and overwrite.

I promise this wont mess with your characters one bit and you can use my items on pre-existing characters.

Enjoy and let me know if you run into any issues! You might, but I hope not!

-Hollis

UPDATE: Refined textures and added a few more items!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  2. Spunkybd

Spunkybd Space Hobo

Just what i wanted, a bong. :proper:

hollisb likes this.
  3. crusender

crusender Space Penguin Leader

well it only take you 5min to make the modification for mod folders

4. hollisb

Does this eradicate the need to edit the player.config file? Would I still need to include it? Thanks for your help!

5. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

i like how random these items are. did you just look around in your room?

The game needs more custom sprites like that.

6. hollisb

Thanks a bunch, kind stranger!
    I did for a few of them, but then I tried to think of things people might want to put in their rooms, ya know?

I just spent the last 5 hours learning how to create animated sprites, so I am uploading the first one now, an animated fan!

Enjoy!