Building/Ship WIP: Feedback Needed :3 Floating Islands of Celestis

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Mewi, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mewi

Mewi Poptop Tamer

This is my first Floating Island, my main home, please let me know what you think so far :3 I borrowed the bridge concept and modified it and plan to build my own, the tmart broken bridge idea is to be rebuilt once I can come up with something I like, the rest is 100% from my brain. Day and Night Time, sorry I had to put together many screenshots in photoshop. Please let me know if there is an easier way!

Edit: oh yeah built by hand ingame, no special tools sadly ;[ I need some feedback or ideas to throw at me, I have more than one island to be built, including different islands for each tree type that yields different materials, a farm island, I have a colony island built, with nothing on or in it yet ... its about 5 times bigger than the one displayed here, wondering what kind of ideas I can do to make that look wonderful :3 also would really like some feedback, complements, or dislikes about this current island.

PS: This is my first serious 2D game custom build, so there is definitely room for improvement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  2. Mewi

Mewi Poptop Tamer

Bump, added commentary regarding the need for feedback. Likes are nice, but I really want to improve.

3. Zlyvr

Zlyvr Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not great builder, but...

"Farm" rooms too "square" and repetitive. All other rooms are unique and interesting, but this part looks boring a bit.
    You got beautiful background there, but that is not enough.
    Imho, you need something like room with agriculture table.

Two blocks of dirt under plants is too much, one tilled block is enough.

4. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Looks really cute =3 I wanna land my mech on it

5. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, I would change the agriculture design. Perhaps make it hive like with interlocking hexagons?

6. naprettor

naprettor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It looks great!
    You can also try to give the whole island more life.
    Imagine that the island is guarded by someone.
    What will they need? Kitchen, storage, toilet, arrival area. All watering systems can be connected with pipes and so on.

Such details will add to the feeling of the presence of life.

7. rosedragon

rosedragon Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

This is so beautiful I fall in awe and feel like I want to bring my old minecraft creation to starbound as another floating isles. (this is the mc creation anyway: http://rosedragoness.deviantart.com/art/Heaven-s-Peak-476004276 )

As for feedback, perhaps you should make the farm area smaller and make them slightly diagonals. Maybe theirs room could be made more roundish, perhaps in the shape of leaves? Also are relocator captured fishes stay spawned? You might want to add some fishes to the ponds :D .

8. Mewi

Mewi Poptop Tamer

That is intentional, I feel 1 dirt block doesn't really look realistic for a root system for plants.

Private Message me if you want my server address :3

There seems to be a consensus about the plant area, although I was trying to be efficient in my gameplay as well as design. But I'll certainly consider your idea. It usually takes me hours and days to conceive of a unique design for games.

definitely good to consider meow! thanks :3 as for arrival area, this is just going to be one of many Islands, this is my personal one thoughh, the one that I built... that is 5 times larger than this one, is on the left, but nothing on it or in it yet. It took a long time to build by hand in game D;you can see it over here, I plan to make a rail to it

[​IMG]

Thats a really nice dragon and islands! :3 I've only made one thing in minecraft of significant value. Heree http://imgur.com/a/tJeFI

I dunno about fishes in captured pods, my computer tends to lag when there are a lot of pets in those :rofl: I know adminning them in didnt work long hahaha.

9. rosedragon

That is pretty mansion. I don't say capture pods, but relocator fishes.. they should be less laggy since they are just like normal fish mobs.

10. Mewi

Mewi Poptop Tamer

wouldn't said fish vanish once all players logout of server anyway? :rofl:

11. rosedragon

I dont know about that but people got the punching bag that way.

12. Roskii Heiral

Is your server modded or vanilla?

13. Mewi

Mewi Poptop Tamer

Vanilla, I dont do mods unless they are non invasive, like protection tools :3

14. Roskii Heiral

probably can't visit then =/ I only play as my modded race

(which your avatar reminds me of xD)

15. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Stunning work! :catbigeyes:It's nice to get some inspiration from your build!

16. KingDragonMage

KingDragonMage Void-Bound Voyager

wow amazing
    the detail!

17. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

Amazing, I wish i had talent like that

18. Tritox

Tritox Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty Good!