1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [Windows10][Beta] Confirm character button grayed out

Discussion in 'Support' started by galaxygirl, May 23, 2018.

1. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Intergalactic Tourist

I have a farm with Friend 1. Friend 1 and I have been playing this save file for a short while, it is only Summer Day 8. We put up a cabin for Friend 2 so that she could join the game (I bought it for her so she could join us).

When Friend 2 tries to join our farm, she sees the character selection but cannot click the OK button. It is grayed out. She tried changing everything that was written including name, favorite object, different settings, etc. She reloaded the game and tried again, same issue. She tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, same issue. She tried verifying the files, same issue.

I tried putting another cabin up and having her join that one, but she still can't join the save file. I have gone into single player, demolished both cabins, bought new cabins, etc, but nothing seems to work. I have made new saves to see if it was perhaps just that save file that was corrupted but she can't join any of them. She even tried joining a save made by Friend 1 and could not join that one either.

I am able to join her saves with no issues.

Has anyone had the issue of the grayed out button to confirm character? If so please give me your fix, I am desperate to have her come and join us! It's the whole reason I got her the game. Thanks so much.