1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [Windows] Flooring doesn't stay permanent (Co-Op)

Discussion in 'Support' started by NickIn8Bit, May 23, 2018.

1. NickIn8Bit

NickIn8Bit Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Playing a Co-op game with a friend (she's the host) and she upgraded her house once. The flooring changed to all black and white tile in every room of the home after the first day or so. Any attempt to buy new flooring and change in any area reverts back to an entire house of black and white tile after a few days.

Version is 1.3 (believe we tried in 1.3.11, still happening in 1.3.12), Co-op on Windows.
    Changes back to tile after a few days, no matter who changes the floor
    We haven't tested it with wallpaper yet, but we know it's an issue with the flooring in the house.

If you know of any fixes to this, or if you need more information, don't hesitate to ask.

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

My friend and I have also had this issue. The other day I noticed my flooring was actually sticking for a couple of in game days, and game relaunches, until she walked into my house, I don't know if that actually has anything to do with it or not, but I thought I would offer that bit of information up in hopes that it does actually help.

• Smooshed_Tomato

Smooshed_Tomato Space Hobo

if you wish to fix this make every wall the same and make every floor the same it will never change again, if you have a different floor and another player walks in it changes it.

• Tidium

Tidium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i can confirm that this does not work. I made my floor all one type of flooring, and when a farmhand enters my house, only the kitchen reverts to the default tile. once another farmhand walks in, it sets ALL flooring in the farmhouse to the kitchen flooring, which is the aforementioned tile.

things i have noticed:
          • The bug occurs only once per farmhand, after they log in. The player can then enter and exit the house without posing a risk to the flooring, unless they rejoin or the host restarts the game.
          • This can only be replicated in the farmhouse/cabins with at least the kitchen upgrade.
          • It doesn't matter if the person entering is the host or a farmhand: no matter who it is, they break the flooring when entering a house or cabin that is not theirs for the first time after entering the game.
          • If the kitchen's flooring has been changed from the default, the bug exhibits a strange behavior:
            • If all flooring in the house has been changed to the same non-standard flooring in every room, then only the kitchen floor reverts to the default black and white tile.
            • If the flooring is different in each room, then all flooring (except the kitchen) gets replaced with what you have previously set as the kitchen flooring tile, while the kitchen's tile reverts to default.
            • If the kitchen flooring is still the default (either through this bug or because the player has not changed it), your entire house gets replaced with the kitchen tile.
          • To my knowledge, this bug has not been acknowledged by either of the developers.
          it seems this bug only happens when a player walks into a house (that isn't theirs?) for the first time after logging in. what this bug does, exactly, is dependent on the current flooring situation. it seems to me that whenever a player enters a house or cabin for the first time, the game for some reason applies the current kitchen flooring to the entire house and then resets the kitchen's flooring to the default floor. concernedape/tccoxon, please look into this issue! we'd like to enter each other's houses without destroying the customization that's been done! this issue is extremely easy to run in to. the only way to avoid having your flooring reset (and your gold wasted) is to all mutually agree to not enter each other's homes, which doesn't let us show off our creativity and sense for interior design. :(

Last edited: May 25, 2018
            LadySunami and MarauderIIC like this.
          • MarauderIIC

MarauderIIC Intergalactic Tourist

In our game, it happens to wallpaper and flooring in the host's house the first time a farmhand enters it per game session, once per farmhand (two farmhands, each will trigger it once). As above, essentially.