1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [Windows][beta]Game crash when sleeping and selling to Pierre

Discussion in 'Support' started by masterkirby7, May 22, 2018.

1. masterkirby7

masterkirby7 Void-Bound Voyager

We are experiencing issues where the game would often crash on the host's side when sleeping. The game does not end up saving because of this.

Crashing also occurs when a player sells to Pierre. The client of the player that sells to Pierre will crash immediately when selling.

I have attached error logs for both host and client. Thank you for the support!

Attached Files:

• LoboTheDark

LoboTheDark Intergalactic Tourist

Same at my mulitplayer sadly 1.3.12 doesnt fix the problem

• RobertNAdams

RobertNAdams Seal Broken

My group had a similar issue. We managed to find a workaround for now. Save file (since I can't upload it to the forum for some reason, even though it's under 10M:cool::

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lj_G3WbOkl2BFxhp9u8_Ciu4xTp9BQw/view?usp=sharing

Summer, Year 1, Day 14. Myself and one friend with me hosting. Blueberries have just sprouted. The host (me) would crash if I tried to sell gold star berries to Pierre. The client (my friend) would crash trying to sell silver star berries to Pierre. Both of us could sell the 500+ regular blueberries, but then I would crash upon going to sleep. I had read a suggestion on Reddit to try letting other people sleep first and the host go to bed last, but this didn't help.

After a bit of messing around, we found the only solution to avoid this issue is to dump all of the berries into the sales bin on the farm. Avoid selling to Pierre entirely for now! This let us sell the blueberries without crashing. No issues on this particular matter since then.

It also seems like stashing the blueberries (or whatever the troublesome bit of harvest is) in a bin is no good. Leaving on the vine seemed to be fine. You can harvest whatever the troublesome item may be in my experience, but sell every single one in the bin before going to sleep!

This was on the latest version of the game, the May 22 update.

Attached Files:

• darigandevil

darigandevil Space Hobo

• Katalaeia

Katalaeia Master Chief

Try right-clicking to sell instead of left-clicking to sell the entire stack in one go. This fixed some of the "sell-crashing" for me (possibly all of it but there are some items I need to re-test yet). Note that you can hold shift when you right-click to sell half the stack at a time so you don't need to sell a stack of hundreds of items one by one.

masterkirby7 likes this.
          • masterkirby7

Thanks for the replies, guys. Using the sell bin is the only option we have at the moment since we don't want to risk either of us crashing. The sleeping crash is the crucial bug, however. Do you guys know what might contribute to the host crashing when going to sleep?

• RobertNAdams

RobertNAdams Seal Broken

Someone on Reddit said they had success with the host going to sleep last. So we've been doing that with perfect success.

In short:

1. We avoid selling to Pierre.
              2. Clients go to bed first, host goes to sleep last.

Doing those two things seem to have helped. Hopefully this gets fixed in a patch soon. :3

masterkirby7 likes this.
              • masterkirby7

Thanks for the suggestions! We narrowed down to the cause of the issue through trial and error. Whenever we buy seeds from Pierre, it would crash upon sleep. It was summer and we only tested on red cabbage seeds, but we avoided visiting Pierre's shop entirely just to be safe.

Honestly, I want to support the good guys, but Pierre is making it rather difficult. xD

• Katalaeia

Katalaeia Master Chief

Try right-clicking to sell to Pierre instead of left-clicking. I was able to avoid crashing doing that (although I haven't had a chance to play today's update yet). You can shift+rightclick to sell half a stack at a time so you don't need to sell large quantities one item at a time.