1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be gibs?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Baleur, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Baleur

Baleur Phantasmal Quasar

One of the things that made combat in Terraria so fun was seeing zombie gibs and stuff flying everywhere with nice physics after combat.
    I know Starbound is a more chillaxed cuddly game in asthetics, but i was still wondering if there couldn't be a "Gibs, on / off" toggle in the options.

I don't know if red blood and gibs would fit the different planets, but perhaps it could just be tied to the creature color itself.
    I would just very much like Some sort of stuff flying out when creatures are killed. Seeing them just dissipate in puffs of marshmallow smoke it sometimes a bit anticlimactic.

SmoothGuy likes this.
  2. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

they used to gib like that too but it has been sence changed,
    i remember a dev saying that it olny happends on explodsive items now (grenades and such)
    im sure someone could mod it so all items do tho

3. WyldeFyres

WyldeFyres Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If the beta is anything to go by, it doesnt look like it. I dont mind how they handle deaths, as long as it's done well, which it is atm, imho.