1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be food?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Fishbertus, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

Well, what's it gunna be? Will there be food in Starbound?

2. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

I can't see the IMG,
    *umadbrololwutcoolstorybroepicfail*

Madmarlon likes this.
  3. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

He linked it wrong through google images.
    It says "OF COURSE!" like that guy says in that one film.

I hope they don't add hunger, i don't want a survival game, i want an adventuring game! c:

4. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

But food for pets and healing would be cool.

5. Acedrew

Acedrew Void-Bound Voyager

I dont think that Starbound will be the sort of game to have any sort of hunger meter, but i can definitely imagine there being food. It feels like one of those games where there may come a point that they have small gathering in the dining hall, similar to Firefly, or even just having a comedic moment where one of the characters introduces some fruit from a planet for your electronic notebook. Then someone eats it to give information for the journal and gets sick.

6. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

I don't think you can see a hunger meter in the screenshots they published, but I hope they add some survival mechanics like hunger or temperature, it would make the game a little bit harder, but also more fun and I know there are many people that are against it, that's why it should only be in some sort of "hardcore" mode.

7. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Pretty much exactly how I would envision this working. When starting a new character, you'd obviously want to go as easy as possible the first time, but someone with experience looking for an extra element of challenge could check off some boxes with aspects that would make the game harder, but would also be more rewarding (so there's an actual reason to do this other then having another level of complication).

Pinkie Pie likes this.
  8. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Food is good.
    /gauntlet

9. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

I demand tacos.

10. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

The community is really divided on this, and I haven't heard anything official said one way or another. I think the hardcore mode with hunger is the best compromise to include it for those who want it, but not to force it on those who don't.

11. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Food/temperature/pressure, one of those is a MUST! But as it seems that not everyone likes this, I think gamemodes should be splitted into softcore/hardcore mode, just as LadyAijou said!

12. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, we need a statement of the devs on this matter, since many people are curious if something like this will be in the game.

13. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

I'd love some Survival elements along something like Ice Troll Mammoth River Survival on Warcraft 3. Need Food, Sleep, and to keep your body temp up.

Ecchiholic likes this.
  14. Vladplaya

Vladplaya Cosmic Narwhal

I think they should just add separate survival mode, which will add more options like hunger and thirst, and will make you look for special equipment before you can travel to planets with very cold or hot temperatures, or poisonous atmospheres. That way everyone can be happy and play the game the way they enjoy it most.

Pinkie Pie likes this.
  15. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Yes Forcing players to experience these things just leads to disaster. Never a good thing.

16. FrEnZy210

FrEnZy210 Starship Captain

I don't think there should be food. Food seems like it would be applicable in certain sandbox games like Minecraft and Terraria where the point is to survive and build and thrive but in an exploration type sandbox food doesn't seem necessarily relevant. I'd be happy to write it off with a cafeteria in the space station.

17. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Perhaps some kind of game mode where you are stuck on one planet and have to last until help arrives?

18. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I'm now hungry.

Williamm53 likes this.
  19. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

food is okay but i don't want a hunger, allways having to make sure i don't run out of food so i can never get anything done. horrifying :x

20. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to have astronaut food! You find old non rottin human food in chests!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.