1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be a Risk of Rain 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurarius, May 8, 2016.

1. Aurarius

Aurarius Void-Bound Voyager

Will Risk of Rain 2 actually be a thing?

I ask this because I've not actually seen any confirmation that RoR2 won't happen.

I also can't tell from the media itself. It's got good reviews, quite a few people play it, it even jumped to the ps4 console system. It's also a complete game. All of this definitely says that there is potential to have a sequel. Hell, the idea of custom character creation in-game could be a spur to make it happen. But that idea may also have never come to light if I never mentioned it. Deos sound like a nice, heavily over-complicated idea, though.

The game itself could also be a single-time thing by Chucklefish, and it will never be worked on again (after all bug fixes of course), and I wouldn't hold against anyone if this were the case. It is a good game, and it's good enough to be a single or a prequel.

But the question still remains, and I'm sure it's been asked before, but I've never seen the answer:

Will there be a Risk of Rain 2?

• Saturnyoshi

Saturnyoshi Aquatic Astronaut

I don't know, but I imagine they want to work on other projects. I can't think of a big enough new feature to warrant an entire new game.
      However, I have been working on a tool for mod creation, using an older version (Prior to the addition of chef) ;)

• Aurarius

Aurarius Void-Bound Voyager

Is that so? Let me know how this project of yours works. If through a program, or through coding. I'll learn what little I need of coding to switch a lot of things around, because I want to play a 30 level game with no repeating levels.