1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be a decent line of sight mechanic in 1.0?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Another Kevin, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

Being a stabby floran in a world where everyone has eyes on their backs just doesn't feel right.

2. Akre

Akre Pangalactic Porcupine

It's not a fpp game, so line of sight wouldn't make sense.

3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Not an advanced one like what you would see in FPS type of game. There is a simple one though to some extent, I think... From what I have experienced of the unstable/nightly branches of the 1.0 it seems pretty basic where LOS is concerned. Blocks do block their sight from you, and they do have a range of sight in which they will hop into action. Seems to vary upon creature, but I hardly pay attention too much to that last bit. What I have noticed is they won't agro you just for being on screen. There has to be no blocks between the mob and you in order for them to react, if they are hostile that is.

Don't think there will ever be an overly complex LOS in this sort of game, as it is not really needed; that and there is one less dimension to worry about... Just how I see it and what I have observed.