1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the game be protected?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by KiWiKaKi, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

This is a tricky topic... and really my problem isn't so much with hackers but with hackers who hack to grief. Me? I've been hacking in single player games as far as I could remember, but only things like texture editing, changing my character's model, things like that. Even in Terraria I used the trick to duplicate worlds so I could have different versions of my world (hard-mode version, pre hard-mode version, 100% Corruption version, 100% Hallowed version, etc) And in a notable case I've seen someone who hacked the game and made his own client... but it was an anti-griefing client for multiplayer servers! I know I may get a LOT of hate for saying this, and let me make it clear that I DON'T encourage hacking and that we should all play the game as it was intended to be played, but hacking in some cases can bring about some very nice and interesting results. And really, is hacking with intention to spice things up or make something more aesthetically pleasing instead of cheating any different than modding?

I've gotten a bit off topic so I'll wrap this up. If the developers want to add protection to the game they will do what they have to; however, hackers are determined. At some point, they WILL hack into it and there's a good chance that most of those hackers will use that opening to cheat at their own game and grief at others. That's why it's up to us players who love the game to tread carefully and make sure we can take precautions, such things are needed in sandbox-type games such as this.

2. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...i guess youre right...carry on!

3. Spike

Spike Supernova

.... nope, can't possibly imagine you starting a flame war with an avatar like yours.

MurkyDragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.