1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Will the Beta be on Steam?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Asch the Bloody, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asch the Bloody

Asch the Bloody Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was wondering if the Beta and it's servers would be on steam.

2. Hello Asch. It's know that end BETA Starts, Pre-Order Ends. And Tiy stated would like then to see Starbound in Steam with Early Access. ;)
    What means, it's not confirmed, just likely since they want to do it in first place. (it doesn't mean they will give us the normal Pre-Order steam keys during the Beta on Steam)

3. Hello Asch !
    The beta will most likely be on Steam, but it's possible it will be available without drm too.
    In any case, you will retrieve the beta key from the Humble Store page you got (the one with the OST download link). You will then have to add the key to steam to download the beta :3
    And as Bacon said, the preorder will stop at the start of the beta :)

4. George

George Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I assume it will be on steam.

Off topic but Meuterion, did you purchase all of the pre-orders for the badges? That must have been so expensive!

5. It is, but Chucklefish deserve it :3

6. Miles

Miles Void-Bound Voyager

You shall have all our respect, dude.

cheebamane, zero211, Fire-Fly and 3 others like this.
  7. kijib

kijib Aquatic Astronaut

i hope soon

8. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Every topic Meutron posts on turns into aweing about his badges. but me jelly, Where did you get the money?

9. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

10. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Beta, yes.

Servers, no. For Beta and for Release we're relying on community servers. We do not have plans for an official server at launch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.